Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hammers v united

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can someone post a stream? Mine are down, I've already asked in the stream thread but it seems people are watching the match, not the stream thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Get in there Rooney, four up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hammes Hammered...tabloid headline, you heaard it here first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Easy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This is an absolute joy to watch. Goal difference yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

didnt see a result like this coming at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone see PIGs celebration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Valencia is really coming into his own in this team now. Goal and assist today so far and looks threatening every time he gets the ball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

SlickRic wrote: »
    please explain.

i'm no utd fan, but my God.
    Shot goes through 2 players legs IIRC. Green unsighted.
    A decent goal yes but not nearly as good as everyone made it out to be. Maybe lucky was an overstatement.
    Anyway we've just conceded our 24th goal in ten games so I'm off to drown my sorrows :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Anyone see PIGs celebration?

Shocking attempt tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Wow. Delighted.

• Moderators Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Did they sub Rob Green? Poor fella, horrid game for him.

Ah well, ive had my fun, and thats all that matters. :D

Valencia is really coming into his own in this team now. Goal and assist today so far and looks threatening every time he gets the ball.

Truth.

Carrick has been totally untroubled at CB. West Ham have been poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Carrick has been totally untroubled at CB.

Really hope he keeps a clean sheet

5-4!
    WE'RE GONNA WIN 5-4!
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Never a yellow for Scholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

brown just gone off early :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Major difficulties at WH. If you lose Lucas Neill and James Collins, you are in trouble. The backline is useless, and is already shorne of Upson and Davenport.

Also the team is shy of Behrami, Noble,Cole, and Boa Morte (Ashton doesnt count as he is completely crocked).

Im really worried about this.

Wes Brown off injured... so thats 2 back 4's of injured players.

Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - O'Shea

Neville - Evans - Brown - Fabio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Imagine the amount of moaning and excuses that would be coming from a certain other team if they had such defensive injuries. United getting on with things and winning 4-0. Thats the way to do it

Het-Field wrote: »
    Major difficulties at WH. If you lose Lucas Neill and James Collins, you are in trouble. The backline is useless, and is already shorne of Upson and Davenport.

Also the team is shy of Behrami, Noble,Cole, and Boa Morte (Ashton doesnt count as he is completely crocked).

Im really worried about this.
    Agreed. This is the first time this season I'm actually worried about going down. I was of the opinion that there were plenty of teams worse than us but seeing that today I'm beginning to change my mind.

Not confident at all about the next few games and we could very well be bottom come Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

KevIRL wrote: »
    Imagine the amount of moaning and excuses that would be coming from a certain other team if they had such defensive injuries. United getting on with things and winning 4-0. Thats the way to do it

no point moaning when you wi win though.

If we had dropped points today I'd have been whinging about the injury list, to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Taking everything into account that's an outstanding result for Utd. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

United will have to patch up a patched up defense ha!! couldnt be happier with that result taking into account all the injuries!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Fantastic result, great to see it out and get the clean sheet aswell.

Scholes was magnificent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I must say, I thought Anderson was absolutely outstanding today, really tied the team together.

Scholes and Gibson both with great strikes, and a great team performance to stop West Ham getting any foothold into the game.

A great 4-0 victory considering the team that was put out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Tommy K surely has cemented the #2 keeper slot. Didn't have much to do, but kept his concentration and what a great save.

Really hope Brown isn't serious :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Tommy K surely has cememented the #2 keeper slot. Didn't have much to do, but kept his concentration and what a great save.

Really hope Brown isn't serious :(

Totally agree, he's much better than Foster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Agreed. This is the first time this season I'm actually worried about going down. I was of the opinion that there were plenty of teams worse than us but seeing that today I'm beginning to change my mind.

Not confident at all about the next few games and we could very well be bottom come Christmas.

Two of the top four are lying in wait before Christmas, and both games are at their's.

Luckily we have homes games against Wolves, Wigan, Blackburn, Stoker, Bolton, Portsmouth and Hull yet to come. Equally the likes of Burnley are encountering a rough patch, and this could open another team to a relegation battle ala Hull last year. Im not for one minuite suggesting that the Hammers would take all of those point. However, they are games which could prove very useful in a vast relegation battle. The flipside is the Hammers still have to go to Anfield, Emerites, White Hart Lane, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Goodison Park, and I would be delighted with a return of 3 points from those games, be it three draws or one win.

The terrible thing is, the Christmas period could be very difficult, especially if Cole, Upson, Green, Behrami, or Parker are sold to satisfy creditors. If that is done, then it doesnt matter who is on their way to Upton Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

KevIRL wrote: »

My thoughts exactly . .

The next time united have no serious injuries and any of our rivals are missing one or more regulars it will be thrown in our faces . .

Great win under the circumstances .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

how did gibson do today lads aside from the goal? is there any potential in him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Gibson is begining tio show signs he believes he belongs. Not there yet by any means but got himself in nice shooting positions (albeit 3 attempts were hopeless, but the goal itself made up for it).

To be honest, I think he could be a top midfielder in a couple of seasons, although not close yet. He has potential alright.

ccosgrave wrote: »
    how did gibson do today lads aside from the goal? is there any potential in him?

To be fully honest he didnt do much apart from the goal, a few decent passes ok but nothing really notable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nice result - with no defence.....rock on! Goals coming from everywhere now, which is a very good sign. Hoepfully we'll hit top gear now and start the push.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Paul-Scholes-Wes-Brown-Ryan-Giggs_2393735.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

let's not pretend west ham weren't absolutely abysmal, and didn't fold like a cheap, um, foldy thing.

utd did they're job professionally, but the opposition were an embarrassment.

West Ham were bad but i wouldnt say abysmal, we were both missing players and im really happy with the way we coped with it. They certainly missed upson though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

There is life in the old dog yet... :D

_46862831_scholes466.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Seriously guys,how many assists/heavy involvements in goals has giggs had this season?1 today,2 v stoke,2 v pompy,2 v arsenal,3 v city and im sure there were a good few in btwenn.

SlickRic wrote: »
    let's not pretend west ham weren't absolutely abysmal, and didn't fold like a cheap, um, foldy thing.

utd did they're job professionally, but the opposition were an embarrassment.

They werent too bad(west ham).We are missin so many players and still pull out a performance like that away from home.Liverpool had a few injuries and their season collapsed.2 Horse race now and hopefully we will push chelski all the way

• Advertisement

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Seriously guys,how many assists/heavy involvements in goals has giggs had this season?1 today,2 v stoke,2 v pompy,2 v arsenal,3 v city and im sure there were a good few in btwenn.

I don't think anyone was questioning how well Giggs has been playing this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The goals for anyone that missed them.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The goals for anyone that missed them.

I watched most of the game, but managed to miss all of the goals - cheers for that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

jaykay74 wrote: »
    There is life in the old dog yet... :D

_46862831_scholes466.jpg
    Wes Brown practicing for his debut in the circus as a tight rope walker I see.

I don't think anyone was questioning how well Giggs has been playing this season.

I was trying to pay him a complement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Giggs has 2 goals and 10 assists in the premier league this season so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Iago wrote: »
    Giggs has 2 goals and 10 assists in the premier league this season so far

Ridiculous stats for a guy his age. Legend.

Hes gonna get POTY again at this rate.

Anthony16 wrote: »
    I was trying to pay him a complement

:eek:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ridiculous stats for a guy his age. Legend.

Hes gonna get POTY again at this rate.

He's too old to be using a potty, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Giggs as always was great yesterday. Am more please with Valencia though scoring one and setting up another. He was also available for the Gibson goal if he was needed so he is defo playing with more confidance and most decisions he makea are correct ones.

Compare this to Nani's performances and you can see why its so frurtating why two players with equal ability can both please and bug the cr*p out of you.

Advertisement