Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

introvert/extrovert

• 05-12-2009 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

i was wondering has anyone done much study on these two types of personalities?
    i am very interested in the way people act and react to everything.
    and would love to find more out about myself since i fall strongly in the introvert category.
    just to be clear i am not seeking medical advice as i am perfectly happy with my introversion and would not wish it to be otherwise.
    but i would really like to understand everything about introverts and extroverts.
    like what makes them that way exactly. what part of the psyche does it involve.is it a major part of the ego or the subconcious? i think ego but not sure.ive read some books with general ideas but nothing based solely on those topics.
    so any info from personal experience,personal views,and books,videos i can look at is very welcome.il take all info on offer :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I thought the whole introversion/extraversion concept was originally a Jungian concept? I could be wrong.

ps. The boards.ie spellchecker incorrectly tells me to spell it extroversion. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I suppose introversion/extraversion is only one dimension of personality. People will be intro/extra as a result of their genetics, combined with environment. Like other aspects of personality it will be a relatively stable trait, but people are rarely totally consistant! As for 'psyche', 'ego', 'subconscious'......I'll leave that up to others as these aren't really terms in my psychology worldview!

Advertisement