Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x10 "Justice" [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 05-12-2009 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭

Soak it up and go Camel: this is the midseason finale. Universe will return in April 2010, according to Gateworld. A 2nd season has also been all but greenlit.

How do you rate "Justice" 85 votes

Fan-Friggin-Tastic
    0% 0 votes
    McKay
    60% 51 votes
    My Monacle says 'Meh'
    28% 24 votes
    N'O'Niell
    9% 8 votes
    Stargate Injustice!
    2% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow, I wonder if it was someone from Earth??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Midseason keyword detected.

Liked Time

Hate Life

Not sure about this so far.

Needs less comms stones.

[edit]
    Like Rush and the Colonel more now. Hate the wait for the next set of episodes. I can see my intrest falling off over the next few months...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Best part was the end, the rest...meh. Not much to say about it tbh....hardly a great mid season finale to tide folk over till April, come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I liked it,
    I wonder will the alien spaceship play any part in Rush getting back or will it be the knowledge from the ancient chair or both.
    It's going to be a very long wait :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    Soak it up and go Camel: this is the midseason finale. Universe will return in April 2010, according to Gateworld. A 2nd season has also been all but greenlit.

You've got to be kidding me. April? It's gonna be a long wait. *sigh*

Great episode. Nice to see them use the chair, I wonder if yer man will be all right or if they'll learn anything from him. I wonder what rush will say if/when he gets back. Will he go a long with it or will he rat out young.

• Advertisement

I was hoping he would at least wake up by the end of the episode and say something chilling and profound from his chair experience. This gave us nothing to chew on for the next 5 months :/

And it did feel like it dragged on for a finale type episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I was expecting to come on here and find you all loving this episode. Instead its met with MEH's.

I loved it. Absolutely loved it. As soon as they found the weapon I guessed what was going on. I was shocked at the end. The ship will have to play a part in his return. Great mid season finale for me.

also... Young and Rush have both done bold things so neither of them can afford to make this situation public knowledge when they see each other again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hmm it was pretty decent.

Liked: * Young vs Rush coming to a head. I think Rush had a valid point and that Young isn't up to the job. Young knocking him out cold and leaving him to die was a very poor command decision as was his desire for Rush to go into the chair. Rush is a very valuable resource and Young doesn't seem to get that.

* Seeing an alien ship - who is it?

* Rush framing Young. Ah Rush is such a Machiavellian bastard.

Not so fond of :

* Putting a member of the crew on trial. Been done before in SG-A and SG-1 (although typically that was for a clip show). Still just felt like a time filler.

* Leaving Franklyn in a coma. Couldn't they have had him wake up and say something profound as a teaser for the second half?

* Rush walking up on the alien planet is cool. Wouldn't it have been even better to have seen some ship activity - such as someone else there, it lighting up, or him breaking inside.

I'll definitely be back but they could have left us wanting more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Actually, is that ship the one that broke away from destiny in one of the earlier episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Actually, is that ship the one that broke away from destiny in one of the earlier episodes?

I thought so too at first. However, Rush said it wasn't ancient in design.

• Advertisement

Leprachaun wrote: »
    I thought so too at first. However, Rush said it wasn't ancient in design.

I know but we don't know the ship that detached from destiny was ancient.

I was always under the impression that the ship that detached from Destiny was the shuttle that Shooter McGavin died on? If not then he's still on that chair in that shuttle. You'd think Chloe would spend a bit more time there.

no the deteched ship was definitely not the shuttle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

GSPfan wrote: »
    I was always under the impression that the ship that detached from Destiny was the shuttle that Shooter McGavin died on? If not then he's still on that chair in that shuttle. You'd think Chloe would spend a bit more time there.

Someone posted hi-def screenshots of the shuttles belonging to Destiny, and the one which detached from the ship. They were definitely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

This is the first episode that really excited me so far.

Someone posted hi-def screenshots of the shuttles belonging to Destiny, and the one which detached from the ship. They were definitely different.
    here they were,

attachment.php?attachmentid=92944&stc=1&d=1255183807
    hightower1 wrote: »
    I dont think it was TBH, looking at the hull design its not Ancient and def not a Destiny class shuttle.

Destiny only has x2 shuttles, one had the hole in it and a rotting senator so it unlikely the ship would send off the last usable shuttle to try pick up the other 2 who went to the locked address?

Its more likely that another species found Destiny and naturally was interested in it, boarded to investigate when 80+ humans were fired through the gate carrying weapons. Would be plausible that they hid, observed and left when it was safe to do so.

Here is the Destiny shuttle...

destinyshuttle.jpg

And screens of the unknown detaching from Destiny at the end of Air part 3...

destinyunknown.jpg

destinyunknown2.jpg

Its not clear whether its the alien shuttle from Air or not.

attachment.php?attachmentid=98128&stc=1&d=1260033680

attachment.php?attachmentid=98129&stc=1&d=1260033997

Its not the same shuttle.

The design is clearly not ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought it was a great episode... Can't believe it's not back until April... I thought it'd be back in January...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

When I first saw the ship from the angle before the guys on the show see it,I thought it was the shedded skin from a giant snake covered in sand. I was all "Run! Giant Snakes afoot!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That was quite good. Very good actually.

Rush & Young coming to a head was great.

Can't believe there's that long of a gap now. FFS.

Rush will have to use that ship to get back now but won't be able to say anything about what Young did.

And finally someone sat in the chair. :)

LMAO @ Eli's line about the ancients putting iMovie in the database.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Thought it was a great ending to the episode, and overall, I enjoyed it. Noticed that after the Rush & Young thing though, I'd almost entirely forgotten about the reason for the situation (ie the entire episode leading up to it).
    Would be my one gripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

that was pretty bad i have to say - rush was good as usual but the rest - meh
    im just not feeling it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Awesome stuff. Gutted it's over until April :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Sherifu wrote: »
    LMAO @ Eli's line about the ancients putting iMovie in the database.
    But he had an ASUS laptop!? :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

But he had an ASUS laptop!? :( :P
    *cough* hackintosh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

GSPfan wrote: »
    I was expecting to come on here and find you all loving this episode. Instead its met with MEH's.

I loved it. Absolutely loved it. As soon as they found the weapon I guessed what was going on. I was shocked at the end. The ship will have to play a part in his return. Great mid season finale for me.

I feel exactly the same. First episode I gave 5/5 to since the pilot. Interesting plot, no boring character development rammed down my throat, no hormones, and the inclusion of ancient technology and alien technology without even a hint the cartoonishness of SG1/SGA.

Rush is obviously intended to make a return (being stranded on a planet with both a stargate and a spaceship) but I hope that this isnt a device plot to let Robert Carlyle film a new movie or some such, essentially meaning he'll be out if the show for the rest of the season.

Basically, this episode won me over to SG:U, but if Rush is gone, they lost me again.

if Rush is gone, they lost me again.

Ditto. Rush is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

That trial had to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in stargate. Talk about a kangaroo court.

Didnt really care for this episode much apart from the last 10 minutes. Also why would the interface on the chair bore holes in the side of a humans head if we have the same physical body as ye ole aincents:confused:

• Advertisement

somuj wrote: »
    Also why would the interface on the chair bore holes in the side of a humans head if we have the same physical body as ye ole aincents:confused:

Because it does. Thats why.

Advertisement