Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x10 "Justice" [SPOILERS]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

stop wrote: »
    Did anyone find the score in this episode similar to that in the film Moon starring Sam Rockwell?
    Honestly im not sure i noticed any music in this episode, which is probably why i felt it dragged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Does anyone think it looks like a Runabout from ST?
    runabout.jpg

I thought it looked more like the raven from voyager

theraven5119.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I had completely forgotten about yer man who sat in the chair. That's a complete wild card.

I'd also like to see what happened to those few people who stepped through the gate on the desert planet to the different world.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 funi1234

there will be blood if thats the end of Rush i can honestly say i think he is the best out of them all.

I thought it looked more like the raven from voyager

theraven5119.jpg

Are ye both mad...?? it looks nothing like either... i mean it shares nothing with the runabout and as for the raven the only thing they have in common is that they have both crashed. at least this ship looks intact... even seven knew the raven was a heap of scrap metal

• Advertisement

funi1234 wrote: »
    there will be blood if thats the end of Rush i can honestly say i think he is the best out of them all.
    Theyve left the man lying next to a spaceship that he's barely been able to investigate, hasnt even been able to open, and you think he's done for? not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Overheal wrote: »
    Theyve left the man lying next to a spaceship that he's barely been able to investigate, hasnt even been able to open, and you think he's done for? not a chance.

well it's quite obvious isn't it. Rush is going to magically figure out how to open/fix/start the ship (a la Rodney McKay) and then he's going to upgrade the engine with some papers clips (a la MacGyver/ A-Team) and then for the utterly brilliant piece of genius, rush will call upon Superman methods and fly the ship around the planet, really fast, thus turning back time and extracting revenge on Young before he can go through the Star Gate!! Maybe even beefing up so as to give Young a decent right hook!

Or he'll find a Star Gate and dial back using the limited power from the ship in a last ditch attempt to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

wyrn wrote: »
    well it's quite obvious isn't it. Rush is going to magically figure out how to open/fix/start the ship (a la Rodney McKay) and then he's going to upgrade the engine with some papers clips (a la MacGyver/ A-Team) and then for the utterly brilliant piece of genius, rush will call upon Superman methods and fly the ship around the planet, really fast, thus turning back time and extracting revenge on Young before he can go through the Star Gate!! Maybe even beefing up so as to give Young a decent right hook!

Or he'll find a Star Gate and dial back using the limited power from the ship in a last ditch attempt to get back.

I dunno. I mean sure, that's what I'd expect from SG1 or SGA, but so far there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of "last minute realisation" in SGU, which in itself I think is fantastic.

well that is obvious they cant very well kill off one of the main people in such a short time. i was able to predicet exactly the sequene of events in "Light" i think i watch to much sci-fi for my own good haha

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

If the whole crew knew about Rush planting the gun then it would be hard for him to go back but seen that Young covered it up you dont need to read the spoilers to know he will be back soon enough. Hopefully the second half of the season sees more action. Season finale -Rush leaving Young behind on some planet?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Only watched it today, thats how my interest in this show had dwindled. But wow, what an episode.

Love to chat about it, but since too many assholes delight in dropping future ep spoilers into threads without warning - which took a lot away from this episode I wont risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Thats unlikely given that thousands/millions of years later on Atlantis the Alterrans operated a fleet of Puddle Jumpers, not Self-Shrinking Battleships.

We do have a reference: the Antarctic Chair, Atlantis, Puddle Jumpers, Repositories, the Window of Opportunity device, Stargates (Esp. Pegasus gates), The weapon @ Dakarra, and Aurora class Battleships. Any of these would be immensely more advanced than anything on Destiny.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_technology
    somuj wrote: »
    I'd say he was refereing to the alien ship

Self-Shrinking Battleships would be awesome tho :D

I was indeed referring to the alien ship, not destiny, i was saying the alien ship could potentially do anything as thus far we have no concept of that races technology.

Self shrinking battle ships :D /want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Question.

Why didn't they hold the gate open for Rush by sticking their hand in it?
    Only two of them knew he wasn't coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

That probably only works for a few seconds (You could hear the engines being stressed last time and the shaking) and they had no idea where Young & Rush were. If the gate shut down prematurely, they'd lose their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Conor108 wrote: »
    That probably only works for a few seconds (You could hear the engines being stressed last time and the shaking) and they had no idea where Young & Rush were. If the gate shut down prematurely, they'd lose their arm.

They could have stuck something else in for a few seconds.

Just seems odd that they didn't even try.

Considering the gate shut down the second Young stepped through.. they probably didnt have time and they were told he was trapped in a rock slide, possibly buried.
    Also, again, no idea if it'd work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I thought it was decent. A good episode, but maybe not the best possible finale before April.

Liked the start of the ep, when we first saw Spencer with an empty bottle of pills i thought he'd go on a rampage and kill others, never thought he'd top himself.

Middle was poor, the court was a joke. The two prosecutors asking ridiculous question after ridiculous question. That scene didn't work for me at all, especially the recess and the argument between the two of them. Stupid.

The ending though was really good though. Rush, as ever looking out for number 1. He wants to research the chair and is more than happy to manipulate anyone to achieve this.

I'm interested in this new possible alien tech and to know what happened to head drill man.

As a few have mentioned the ending could have given us a bit more of a taste of things to come with some mumbled phrase from head drill man or some more from the crashed ship.

Oh well guess it'll be back eventually and we can see how the rest of the season takes shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Question.

Why didn't they hold the gate open for Rush by sticking their hand in it?
    Only two of them knew he wasn't coming.

Wouldndt have worked. The wormhole was incomming on the ship. One would have had to keep their hand in place on the planet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Surprised at the amount of 'Fan-friggin-tastic' votes this episode got. I found the whole power struggle between Ming-Na's character (can't remember her name) and Young a bit stale, especially that ridiculous court scene. Was that entire sub-plot just to set up the confrontation between Rush and Young at the end, with Young leaving Rush behind? She rescinded her newfound power so easily towards the end, surely she would have struggled to keep that somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

You ask - Was that entire sub-plot just to set up the confrontation between Rush and Young at the end?

Eh yeah. Why not. I'm sure it'll add to the whole feeling of desperation on board the ship but it served its purpose in this episode.

And the power struggle...... Not really a power struggle when you think of it. He gave up his position to her and ordered all his air force buddies to accept it (against their wishes). When he was cleared he took it back. She could do fook all to prevent it. Hence the "I wasn't asking" line when he said he was going to the planet.

somuj wrote: »
    Wouldndt have worked. The wormhole was incomming on the ship. One would have had to keep their hand in place on the planet
    dwight-k-schrute.jpgFALSE.

O'Niell held an incoming wormhole open from the recipient side when he busted the Off-world TRUST operation (season 6, Shades of Grey)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yeah that O'Neill thing popped into my head when that was suggested.
    I think we're just gonna have to believe that Young got tru at the last second and when he said Rush was gone then why would they immediately ignore him and dial back..
    Also.... what could they do, Dial the planet go look for Rush and then what? Assuming they didn't jump into FTL as soon as Young got tru and they had time to dial the planet back. Then they would go look for Rush and then get stuck on the planet. The second the gate shut down the ship would jump away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

dwight-k-schrute.jpgFALSE.

O'Niell held an incoming wormhole open from the recipient side when he busted the Off-world TRUST operation (season 6, Shades of Grey)

False,

O Neill
    Came through from the Offworld site but never fully exited the stargate's puddle.:p
    The only person in such a position to perform the same feat again was Col Young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

FALSE.

So when Eli held the gate open on the desert planet, why did it have to be him? Why couldn't someone on the ship have done it, if it worked from that side? This implies that it wouldn't work.

jor el wrote: »
    So when Eli held the gate open on the desert planet, why did it have to be him? Why couldn't someone on the ship have done it, if it worked from that side? This implies that it wouldn't work.
    It has to be someone In Transit. O'Niell never allowed himself to fully disembark from the puddle. And Eli just began to enter the puddle. We know that trying to stick your hand into an incoming wormhole - well its a bad idea.

Theres of course a couple inconsistencies with this, like when they lobotomized Kawalsky in the 2nd episode. But in any of these mentioned occasions, the gate lost power (like when a fleeing Jaffa had his Staff weapon burnt off, the gate was already deactivating when he began running through). That wasnt the case in Universe (though its still unclear exactly How the gates are powered) How its powered is irrelevant though. Eli could have kept the wormhole open until either the gate lost power or 28 minutes had passed. Destiny had no say in what happens to an incoming wormhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

GSPfan wrote: »
    You ask - Was that entire sub-plot just to set up the confrontation between Rush and Young at the end?

Eh yeah. Why not. I'm sure it'll add to the whole feeling of desperation on board the ship but it served its purpose in this episode.

And the power struggle...... Not really a power struggle when you think of it. He gave up his position to her and ordered all his air force buddies to accept it (against their wishes). When he was cleared he took it back. She could do fook all to prevent it. Hence the "I wasn't asking" line when he said he was going to the planet.

the power struggle was done cause at the start young was accused of killing nut job, and had to relinquish command because of it, it was proven that nut job capped himself and young was cleared and command restored to him, and within 20 mins of being given back comand he left rush on an alien plaent to die,

we all know rush wont die, but still young may as well have killed him,

+1 for that court scene, wray was just retarded, giving out to the chloe for asking her own questions, which she is entirely allowed to do, FFS like, what prosecuter in there right mins would ask the defence solicitor not to defend there client, honestly that writer should be fired, it was totally moronic, probably the dumbest moment in the 16 seasons of stargate,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Robert Carlyle has an episode credit for all 20 episodes of the first season on imdb.com so he will be back. I'm hoping there is a few episodes of him working on the alien ship to get it working then making it back to Destiny. Destiny does whats best for the ship so I could also see Destiny going back for Rush because it needs him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

don ramo wrote: »
    probably the dumbest moment in the 16 seasons of stargate,
    No, the dumbest moment was when they decided Universe needed 4 month mid-season break.

Advertisement