Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late One - City v Chelsea (5.30pm)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭McGrath5

What a win for city, this really puts the pressure on Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Yeah, yeah, we get it!!!!!!!!
    Only 2 points in it for utd...............

ANYHOW....

Great game by city:)
    Hope we can continue like that and defend well in future games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Well done city. Delighted yet so durty. Going for a long shower.

*It wont come clean*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

City thoroughly deserved the win today. Chelsea were fúcking useless at times. Had plenty of chances, Chelsea, but screwed them up.

Savage free-kick from Tevez.

No complaints really. Chelsea players' attitude was terrible too; 6 yellows and I'm amazed there wasn't a red for Belletti (the tackle on Wayne Bridge was sick, followed by dissent and then kicking the ball away).

Fair play to City, and I'm just finishing off a HUGE slice of humble pie here...:(

I BLAME THAT AWAY JERSEY TOO, BY THE WAY!!! EVERY SHAGGIN GAME WE'VE PLAYED IN IT, WE'VE LOST!!! GET RID OF IT! haha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

My nerves are shattered after that, what a great win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

_46863964_adebayor466getty.jpg
    _46864144_tevez466gettty.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

That was brilliant come from behind win.

Nigel De Jong for MOM amongst a whole host of great performances.

De Jong is a monster in that position, seriously why are we even in for Yaya Toure so not needed. Great to end the run of draws and so pleased with the performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

cmon utd!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great stuff. Perhaps Chelsea won't win the league by 3 billion points now :)

Well done City, well deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fair play to city. They really overpowered Chelsea today bar the finale. De Jong looks like a really good player. consistency is what city need to get into the top 4. very hard to call 4th spot at the minute.

can't recall the last pen Lampard missed, can't be too many anyway. The goal from the free kick was a joke from the Chelsea point of view. It should have been a routine save for Cech. With 2 city lads in the wall it was always going to be headed in that direction.

Great result today but honest to god can City not beat Chelsea without it becoming a Utd thing........
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeessssussss help me
    Even the sister law is on facebook thanking me for Tevez helping to close the gap on Chelsea for Utd.

GO AWAY FROM ME !!!!!

The Man Utd discussion is over there>>>>>>> and is certainly not on my bloody facebook page

Excuse the rant above
    All composed now again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Great result today but honest to god can City not beat Chelsea without it becoming a Utd thing........
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeessssussss help me
    Even the sister law is on facebook thanking me for Tevez helping to close the gap on Chelsea for Utd.

GO AWAY FROM ME !!!!!

The Man Utd discussion is over there>>>>>>> and is certainly not on my bloody facebook page

and yet this thread has somehow become an extension of your facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

great win. didnt expect much tbh. hopefully we can build it now. are things coming together at the right time? great today though.

bigstar wrote: »
    great win. didnt expect much tbh. hopefully we can build it now. are things coming together at the right time? great today though.

Hopefully we can now go on a winning streak and break the run of draws we have had. Would love to finish on a great note for the new year esp with all the games over the xmas and fingers crossed ruin Utd for the derby game gone..........

jaykay74 wrote: »
    and yet this thread has somehow become an extension of your facebook page.

Ah well since it became a Utd back clapping thread I just thought any thing goes:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Hopefully we can now go on winning streak

Say hello to Marty for me. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Didn't see the second half but City looked savage today. Looking forward to MOTD later. LOL @ all the Chelsea defenders getting yellows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sherifu wrote: »
    LOL @ all the Chelsea defenders getting yellows.

I seriously doubt that you actually did laugh out loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was only going to stay in the pub to watch the first half of this match, but I stuck around for the second half as Man City were just a class above Chelsea today. They were better all over the pitch I thought. Great save from Given, unlucky about the own goal but it showed the determined character of City out there today. Chelsea's discipline was dire.

Got a great laugh out of Ray Wilkins and Carlo Ancelloti's reactions when they, well Ray, thought Chelsea had scored!

I think the blue moon thing before the home match is going to become a regular thing for ye now, almost a good omen!

Say hello to Marty for me. ;)

Good one:D

mars bar wrote: »
    I was only going to stay in the pub to watch the first half of this match, but I stuck around for the second half as Man City were just a class above Chelsea today. They were better all over the pitch I thought. Great save from Given, unlucky about the own goal but it showed the determined character of City out there today. Chelsea's discipline was dire.

Got a great laugh out of Ray Wilkins and Carlo Ancelloti's reactions when they, well Ray, thought Chelsea had scored!

I think the blue moon thing before the home match is going to become a regular thing for ye now, almost a good omen!

I didn't get to see the match only listened to it.....
    What Blue moon thing do you mean??:)

I didn't get to see the match only listened to it.....
    What Blue moon thing do you mean??:)

Before the match, they turned out all the lights in the stadium but I think they had blue lights around the place. On the screen, they had a full moon. They did this before the players came out. It was pretty cool.

Here's a youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y9_gIiCZhg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Christmas card in the post for Shay Given ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

mars bar wrote: »
    Before the match, they turned out all the lights in the stadium but I think they had blue lights around the place. On the screen, they had a full moon. They did this before the players came out. It was pretty cool.

Here's a youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y9_gIiCZhg

Its not going to be dark before every match duh. :rolleyes:

We played terrible, Our goal wasn't a corner, City's first was handball and watch Given come a mile off his line for the peno. Anyway we didn't deserve anything.

Johner wrote: »
    Its not going to be dark before every match duh. :rolleyes:

We played terrible, Our goal wasn't a corner, City's first was handball and watch Given come a mile off his line for the peno. Anyway we didn't deserve anything.

No **** sherlock! Doesn't mean City can't project a moon on a screen because it's bright does it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Check out Ancelloti and Wilkins on 2 Good 2 Bad :D

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4126823/

I searched for this on youtube but couldn't find it! Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement