Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for job offer(s) but if offered P45 will now show I was fired

Options
  • 05-12-2009 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going anon for this one, sorry. Was fired three weeks ago from my sales job, knew it was on the cards and had been applying away a few weeks beforehand. Have been to two third round interviews and one first round with 3 different companies since. On my C.V when I began looking I mentioned I was looking to move on and I understand that from now on will have to change my details to reflect situation on what happened with previous employer. My problem - my P45 will show the date I left was after the two third round interviews, where I said I was still in the job.

If I get offered and accept (these are two big companies) will I be fired again? Can I post P45 to my tax office myself? And yes I understand what I did was wrong, I just didn't think the timeframe would be this long to get a decision

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Can I post P45 to my tax office myself?
    Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Ant risk of them asking for a reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

New tax year in 3 weeks... no need for a P45 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Sleepy wrote: »

Can someone explain this please.

I left a job just before Xmas and have still not receiced a P45 from the employer. Do I no longer require one ? I heard something about all companies have to send in P45s from the previous year to revenue (even if they fail to give one to the employee) every february along with a bunch of other stuff. Is this correct ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

The emplyorer must give you a Form P45 and you should as them for it.

It is normally given with your final payslip.

If you dont recieve it you can apply for one.

In any event they will need to supply the info to the revenue by Feb 15 with the annual Emplyers P35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

CDfm wrote: »
    The emplyorer must give you a Form P45 and you should as them for it.

It is normally given with your final payslip.

If you dont recieve it you can apply for one.

In any event they will need to supply the info to the revenue by Feb 15 with the annual Emplyers P35.

I understand and will be persuing it but going back to what was already said do I require one if for instance I start a job next week as its a new tax year as a poster pointed out above ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

You can apply for your tax credit certificate from your local tax office using form 12a from this link - you will need your new emplyers registered employer number to do so, these are the employer paye details on the first page Section C.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/claim-forms.html

If you are having difficulty and think your tax or prsi payments have not been made you should contact the revenue or Dept or Social Welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Going anon for this one, sorry. Was fired three weeks ago from my sales job, knew it was on the cards and had been applying away a few weeks beforehand.

OP - I presume you got laid off or let go from your previous job due to the economic situation at present.

Not fired (as you have mentioned) because you were a lazy sod and could not make a sale even if your life depended on it. Or you stole stock or whatever.

there is a big difference

STOP TALKING YOURSELF DOWN. The company you worked for for could not afford to keep you employed due to the

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sleepy wrote: »

Ah, not quite. They were let go in mid-November, meaning that they would have been unemployed for 6 weeks of the year. If they had been paying tax on the basis of 12 months, it could mean that they are due a refund.

Anyway, you are legally entitled to a copy of your P45. Make sure you get it.

Tell your new employer that your old job have not yet given you your P45 and ring the tax office, give them your new company's registration number and they will send out a tax credit form to both you and your new employer. There's nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement