Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan. Cheap as chips

Options
  • 05-12-2009 4:45am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭

A core i7 d0 stepping processor is 205 euro at this Japanese website -

http://www.clevery.co.jp/

Anyone ever order from a far far away place like Japan?

1,000,000 euro for shipping?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Everything on that site is written in scribble

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

Search to ensure that it isnt a scam website and is mailed signed for / insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Customs will stop it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Customs will stop it :)

This. And you'll end up paying a billion in tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I do order stuff from Hongkong all the time it takes for ever to get here though, never had problems with customs (yet). It comes over the UK though. Don't know if Japan sends their mail over the UK too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

I do order stuff from Hongkong all the time it takes for ever to get here though, never had problems with customs (yet). It comes over the UK though. Don't know if Japan sends their mail over the UK too.

That isn't a Japan thing. Every single piece of mail I have sent via registered post (aka Tracking) goes through Heathrow before going anywhere. Seems Dublin either can't handle international mail, or Ireland just doesn't get enough for it to be feasible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i was in japan last summer. price of a 1TB drive was between 90-100 brand new at the time. Bought for a nice sum of 60 euro over there. The 4870 was only released at the time. 220 euro brand new at the time over there, was a total steal compared to prices over here.

I loved Tokyo. 5 minutes on the train and you're in Akihabara, the Anime and Games district. Theres a MASSIVE street just 2 mins from Akihabara that was dedicated to PC Components. I was in friggin heaven!

Advertisement