Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to subscribe..

Options
  • 05-12-2009 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm trying to subscribe with My PayPal account, which I regularly use with eBay. I am encountering the following problem:

Add a Bank/Building Society Account in the United Kingdom
    You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source.

* You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and Direct Debit has been set up, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below.

It gos on then to ask me for a UK bank account, sort code, branch name, etc.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm in Ireland by the way, with an Irish credit card and address, so I have no idea where this UK business is coming from.

Can I manually send a payment from PayPal instead?

Thanks,
    Little Alex

BTW I logged on successfully to PayPal in a separate tab and then refreshed in the hope that the authentication cookie would be passed, but it still didn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you tried this again?

It sounds like a problem on PayPal's end to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Yeah, got it sorted. Thanks. Don't know what the problem was, but it decided to work after a couple more attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Glad to hear it :)

Advertisement