Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola MILESTONE

• 05-12-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

Looks likes expansys will have it in stock next week. Any one tempted to get it ? Or has the N900 killed ever ones enthusiasm for this phone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hartem

Excellent, where did you see this? I couldn't find a mention of it on the Irish expansys site.

Did they give any indication of price?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

N900 has nothing on this :P Milestone in Europe, Droid in the US, it's all good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'll definitely be buying a new phone in the new year. This or the N900 hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Seeing as I lost my e71 a few weeks back and am currently using a 5110 (seriously), I ould probably do with a new phone. I was thinking e75, but to be honest this Milestone looks fairly decent too. Never been a fan of touchscreens but this looks ok with the qwerty attached.

As for the comparison with the n900, I'd nearly be inclined to go with the nokia. I've been a fan of maemo's potential since I got a 770 back in the day, and it seems to have come a long way in the meantime. n900 seems to have better multimedia functionality as well.

Nearly a toss up. Any specific reason to go for the Milestone that I'm overlooking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Actually, scratch my praise of the n900. Seems Nokia can't even get the basics right.

According to here there's no MMS support and it can't make calls over a 3g network.

Milestone is looking good right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

I managed to order a Milestone from Clove (50 quid cheaper than Expansys at the time) before they had to pull it from the website due to Expansys exclusivity. Anywho, I got an email today telling me it will be dispatched on Wednesday and should have it Thursday. Yipdedoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I've decided i want to get this, but I can't afford more than €400 total (price+shipping). Apart from eBay, is there anywhere else I could look to find one for this price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I got this phone last friday ("Droid" here in the US) and have to say loving it so far.

Don't be sucked in by the lure of the physical keyboard however. It is tricky enough to get used to but does it's job. The touch screen keyboard though is at least as good as iPhone and I usually use it more often then the real one.

Advertisement