Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white heart lane

Options
  • 05-12-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hey i bought by boyfriend tickets to the fullham game on the 26th and have booked flights from stansted we are onlly staying one night and am finding it hard to find suitable accomodation which is handy from stansted and near the stadium and bars restaurants etc,, any suggestions???:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

you are a good girlfriend. im going to the same match. you dont need to stay near the stadium really. the transport system in london in top class. stay in the city centre so ye have something to do after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fionaspride

thanks, i was thinking of maybe staying in london liverpool st becoz a direct train goes there from the airport and then it not far from white hart. wat u think? or do u think we should stay nearer, ya its his xmas pressie he is a massive spurs fan, cant wait to see his face :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

thanks, i was thinking of maybe staying in london liverpool st becoz a direct train goes there from the airport and then it not far from white hart. wat u think? or do u think we should stay nearer, ya its his xmas pressie he is a massive spurs fan, cant wait to see his face :):D

Travelodge have a hotel just across the road from Liverpool Street. Details here
    http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=44

stayed there before and handy if you're just doing a night trip.

As mickman says no need to stay near WHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo wrote: »
    Travelodge have a hotel just across the road from Liverpool Street. Details here

Yes, above mentioned option is probably the best one. Feel free to ask any questions, all the lads are very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

As long as you understand there won't be much happening in the way of lively bars/restarants round Liverpool St, it'll be dead round the city on a non-work day - but ofcourse you are only a short tube away from the west-end action, if its a late one - taxi back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Jury's Inn Islington

Make sure you're not wearing colours as that Arsenal territory (in fact, if you want to go out for a drink after that game I'd advise against wearing anything that marks you as a football fan, cos a lot of places will have restrictions on anyone wearing colours)

Covent Garden is another good spot, and you should be able to find somewhere that's open late.

It will probably be 11pm before you get back to where you're staying after the game, so it's worth having a look for bars/restaurants/nightclubs that will be open before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

hey i bought by boyfriend tickets to the fullham game on the 26th and have booked flights from stansted we are onlly staying one night and am finding it hard to find suitable accomodation which is handy from stansted and near the stadium and bars restaurants etc,, any suggestions???:rolleyes:

I asume you mean Jan not Dec, strangely enough we're playing Fulham on 26 Dec (away) and 26 Jan (home), how weird is that ?

If it is Dec game you have booked, being near WHL doesn't come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the travel lodge in covent garden is a grand and very cheap hotel. i have stayed there for 15 pounds a night if you book early enough. very noisy on the street at night though so you would want to be going out for a few whiskeys after the match in order to sleep

yes its the jan game i was on about, my mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

yiddo wrote: »

I always stay at the Travelodge in Covent Garden - Like has been said transport is so good in London you need not worry - Tube is 2 min from the hotel and will link you up with Liverpool street no prob! But the bonus is, Covent Garden is in the thick of the action, and if you are not familiar with London, Covent garden shops, Oxford st, Trafalgar sq, Piccadilly circus, Soho etc are all within a few mins walk, so perfect for a weekend away;)

• Advertisement

thanks for the post, i have already booked the travel lodge in liverpool st, can any one sugest some were to go around there after the game. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hi Fiona,

There are bars/pubs around Liverpool Street Station itself but you might find it slightly quiet. Liverpool Street is smack bang in the middle of London's financial district, so it tends to be not as busy at weekends.

Personally I'd jump on the tube at Liverpool Street and head to Covent Garden it only 10-15 mins away and the bars/pubs/restaurants etc. are always busy.

Here's a couple of links which will help you
    Transport for London
    http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&sessionID=JP27_3545415690&requestID=3&tripSelector1=1&itdLPxx_view=detail&tripSelection=on&command=nop&calculateDistance=1
    Beer in the Evening
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=covent+garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I've just noticed this game is on a Tuesday evening.

You are going to back at the hotel near Liverpool St pretty late then. As its a mid-week it won't be too bad in the City area for something to eat & drink. If you can't be bothered cos its late.

Depends what you want, if you really want to do the proper 'London thing' as Rich says your better off jumping on a tube to Covent Garden/Leicester Square area. It'll always be busy there, even on a Tuesday night in January. Just might be a bit late by the time you get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I've just noticed this game is on a Tuesday evening.

You are going to back at the hotel near Liverpool St pretty late then. As its a mid-week it won't be too bad in the City area for something to eat & drink. If you can't be bothered cos its late.

Good point RickyV, I hadn't noticed myself that it's a Tuesday night match. Under the circumstances I'd probably head back to Liverpool Street and find somewhere near the station that's busy, as time will be a bit restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Hello fellow yids,
    I normally stay in my uncle and aunt's hotel in Muswell Hill. This is a nice area with a selection of restaurants, shops and bars. The hotel is called the Roseview Hotel and is a very clean 3star hotel with full bar. Great brekkie and dinner is available also. All rooms have an ensuite.

Usually I fly into Stansted and get the train to Tottenham Hale (35mins). This costs £26.60 return. I then get a taxi to Muswell Hill which takes about 10mins. This costs £14.

To get to White Hart Lane you can take a cab or just walk down to Alexander Palace, which is nearby, and get the bus. I have forgotten the bus number!

You can contact them on 0044 2083652535.

You will enjoy your stay as John, my uncle, is also an avid Spurs fan also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

yidweiser wrote: »
    Hello fellow yids,
    I normally stay in my uncle and aunt's hotel in Muswell Hill. This is a nice area with a selection of restaurants, shops and bars. The hotel is called the Roseview Hotel and is a very clean 3star hotel with full bar. Great brekkie and dinner is available also. All rooms have an ensuite.

Usually I fly into Stansted and get the train to Tottenham Hale (35mins). This costs £26.60 return. I then get a taxi to Muswell Hill which takes about 10mins. This costs £14.

To get to White Hart Lane you can take a cab or just walk down to Alexander Palace, which is nearby, and get the bus. I have forgotten the bus number!

You can contact them on 0044 2083652535.

You will enjoy your stay as John, my uncle, is also an avid Spurs fan also ;)

Stayed there. Lovely place. Lovely people. Will stay again. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Cheers Ruiseal. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Happy xmas to you and yours. C.O.Y.S over crimbo. Lets hope the gooners can do us a favour over villa!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

i was over at the game on Wed v City (super spurs!!!!) and was staying near Hyde Park... we just went straight from Ground to Leicster Square on tube... lots of normal bars etc seem to close about 11.30 once last orders called so we headed to soho where there was lots of places open, ended up in O'Neils which was grand, music, pints and some laughs..all one can ask for..

Advertisement