Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly 2009 - The Best Bits

Options
  • 05-12-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so 2009 has been a pretty bad one for the country as a whole with recession having a terrible effect on the country as a whole, The Government having a terrible time financially. Ireland not making it to the World Cup in soccer and the weather being terrible. The Grand Slam in rugby seems to be only positive point. All doom and gloom? Not really. When you look back at 2009 what will you remember? What's happened in Offaly this year that will be the outstanding point for 2009.

For me there will be a few, but Standing in the rain listening to Wayne Brennan playing his heart out to a near empty Market Sq at the Phoenix Festival will be one that'll stick with me. Overall the Phoenix Festival this year I think was a bit of a disaster but standing there in the summer rain with my mates, a pint in hand and good live music to listen to, made it a good one for me.

There are more and I'll add them later on but I want to hear yours. What's been your Offaly moment of 2009?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Another interesting thread Quazzie,
    Ok for me i liked John Spillane singing 'You've Forgotten' at the Phoenix Festival to a very very small audience:(
    Shane Lowery winning. Im not into golf at all, my da knows him well, but weather you like golf or not, that was a pretty brilliant play off!!!!

2009 being a bad year you say???
    I became a daddy to a beautiful healthy baby girl. Best year so far if you ask me;):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Shane's win was a great sporting moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Shane's win was a great sporting moment.

It was, weather you like golf or not.
    I wouldnt watch it but i did that, and i really enjoyed it. It was edge of the seat stuff. Not really what you'd expect from golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dusty87 wrote: »

2009 being a bad year you say???
    I became a daddy to a beautiful healthy baby girl. Best year so far if you ask me;):)
    i'm in the same boat. He was born in 2008 but 2009 has been full of magical moments from his first smile to his first goo and gaa. This probably sounds real cheesey but it really is the best feeling ever.

On a sporting note Tullamore defying the odds over and over again to succeed in the hurling and Clara doing so well in the football is something that stands out in my head. A real year for the underdog it seems. Some amazing matches in that run.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

For me it has to be the 13th September when our camogies won the junior camogie all ireland. fantastic performance by them all. even sweeter victory after the heartbreak of last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Jessica Sanders

The Fleadh Cheoil was a roaring success AGAIN in Tullamore, had the best craic that weekend - great atmosphere in the town! Like a mini holiday on your own turf!

Advertisement