Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 still popular?

Options
  • 05-12-2009 12:54pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,just wondering if theres still a sizeable amount of players playing BF2 these days?
    Ive misplaced my old BF2 and expansions discs along with BF2142 and a few more games.
    Ive missed then if im honest,seeing the complete collection on steam for 20 euros is tempting to say the least.
    Are ther plenty of servers still out there?

EDIT :
    Just checked Game Monitor [forgot about that site] and there seems to be thousands of active servers still :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Up until the release of MW2 we still had a BF2 night on Sundays

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah. a good way to guage how things are going is through xfire or steams games played log. xfire is used by on average 1/5th of PC players, while most avid gamers have steam. Give them a browse when in doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

just got back into bf2 last week. put the 1.5 patch on. haven't had a decent nights sleep since !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Everytime I jump on the server list is very populated. I think the community still exists but is divided between bf2, 2142 (less bugs, in fairness) and the console versions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I lost my bf2 disc so I just bought another one on ebay, hurrah for EA finally making the mods free etc. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kid is mad into it since i put the 1.5 patch on.

Myself yitsack and d22ontour reminsce about it a lot :D

All Arma 2 for me lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Kid is mad into it since i put the 1.5 patch on.

Myself yitsack and d22ontour reminsce about it a lot :D

All Arma 2 for me lately.

What does Yitty remember ... lying on his back looking up at the sky screaming "MEDIC!" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jonski wrote: »
    What does Yitty remember ... lying on his back looking up at the sky screaming "MEDIC!" ?

He drinking G and T now, im shocked he remembers his name :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I havent played BF2 in nearly a year no and its still my favourite Shooter,Call of duty has the graphics and such but its very confined,where as BF2 is large and open.

One of my favourite memories was when we were ina convoy of 3 full jeeps and we got ambushed at a ridge,5 or 6 guys eaned over pelting us with bullets and missiles while their Commander Airstriked us,I was sitting in the back of the jeep and the image of the jeep exloding is still stuck in my head..twas so cool :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

The competitive is dying pretty quckly now. But the public is still going pretty strong. Patch 1.5 has ruined the gameplay a bit though. The hitreg which is supposed to be better has seemed to have got worse. On the other hand, you get lots of free maps which is always good. It will always be a good game and I'd say popular till at least 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

:Di remember when it first came out i was playing it loads , and in real life anytime i seen i crane i looked for snipers on them without even thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I still play it every 2-3 days. It never gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I play the project reality mod, its excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes its still well played. Just noticed mention of MW2 there and I have to say MW2 has one fatal flaw its not BF2 while I still have BF2 to play or BF1943 I just cant bring my self to play the new COD game I have no idea why I even baught it.

BTW i think GAME were doing BF2 and all its expansions for just 15 quid there a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

took a break from bf2 and bf 2142,only in last month ,started too play bf 2142 again,see old friends there and good too get a game together,have played over 500 hrs of bf2 so kinda need a holiday from it but maybe go back again,play 2142 couple times a week on good servers i regulary play on

Advertisement