Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with my Extern HDD

• 05-12-2009 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

I have been tidying up my PC's hard drive and manually synchronising the data in case of loss. Anyway, my extern is getting full so I decided to cull some videos to make some space. But, the space that I am freeing up is not being recognised. I was at something like 245GB, and I deleted about 70GB worth of stuff, but I remain at 245GB. I mean, I deleted the entire music folder on this thing, it was 32GB and now it is empty, so I am not mistaken in saying these files are gone. The Recycle bin is empty, and I'm confused. Whats going on?

PS: I reinstalled drivers, to no effect.

EDIT: Ok, I ran Glary Utils on this and discovered that there is a Recycle Bin in the drive itself. Which is funny, since I have owned this drive for nearly five years and never had this issue before...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Strange..did you try a disk frag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

No, just ran Glary Utils and used the disk analyser. It showed me where the "lost" data was being held. So I just deleted it (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

That happened to me recenty. I had an sd card connected via USB card reader. I deleted 900mb of photos but the card still showed full. Turned out there was a recycle bin on the card as well. Never came across it before.

Advertisement