Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone knows sb who breeds budgies in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-12-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi there,

My lovely bugdie died recently, and I am thinking of getting a new one... I would love to be able to buy a young one, directly from a breeder, if possible.

Do any of you know a breeder in the Dublin area?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It can be hard to find genuine breeders of budgies, so many are so badly bred with all sorts of health issues. Perhaps contact the parrot society they might be able to put you in the right direction.

Just in case, if your budgie died from a contagious illness ensure the whole cage etc. is well disinfected before hand. If you have the time for one great but if you are out a lot or working full time a pair of budgies would be great company for each other.

Here's the link http://www.parrotsocietyireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Thanks for your reply. I do work full time, but would prefer to have only one budgie at home... Would love to teach it repeating words, etc, and that's tough when there are two of them... will see, though... first need to find the budgie :)

The one i've recently lost had landed in my patio a couple of months ago - and so I took it home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If keeping one do make sure you leave a radio on and have some toys and a mirror to keep the budgie busy, a male would be better for talking.
    If you see a cage you like get one the next size up, can never had a cage too big. Although make sure the bar spacing is correct for that size of bird.

Ensure though if you are home in the evenings at this time of year to have a light on, the bird will get spooked if you suddenly turn lights on in the evening. Also ensure the bird gets 12 hours of sleep a night.

Northern parrots is a great site for budgie toys to keep the bird busy, there's also bird dvds that you can get to put on for the bird while you're not there..out tiel loves his bird dvd gets all excited if he hears the dvd player turning on lol.

Advertisement