Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Bullards Knee

• 05-12-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭

It seems the poor guy has injured his knee again during todays game against Aston Villa.

After last weekends best goal celebration of all time, he deserves better.

I must also say very classy from the Villa fans who applauded him off.

Sad times ahead again, for Jimmy Bullard.

Lets just hope that he wont be out for so long again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apparently it's not the same knee

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

This is the last thing he kneeds.

Nah Ive gotta admit my friend helped with that joke - it was a joint effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was post a smart picture of a coat, just don't have the heart. Bad puns to be kept to AH.

Poorchap, hope he isn't out long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apparently it's not the same knee
    The Beeb are saying it's the other knee.

Apparently he went off crying, must be fearing the worst.

Best character in football at the moment bar none, hopefully he'll be back asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Roy Hodgson said his reason for selling Jimmy was down to the fact he feared he was going to be riddled with injuries. Proved right it seems. Another one of those great footballers who are riddled with injuries their whole career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Any updates? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

joe123 wrote: »
    Roy Hodgson said his reason for selling Jimmy was down to the fact he feared he was going to be riddled with injuries. Proved right it seems. Another one of those great footballers who are riddled with injuries their whole career.

He's not a great footballer by any stretch, he's a good mid-table player. But he is, however, a great person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jimmy Bullard is a legend, therefore so is his knee!!!

Get well soon, Jimmy Bullard's knee!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Mmcd wrote: »
    This is the last thing he kneeds.

Nah Ive gotta admit my friend helped with that joke - it was a joint effort!

yup ill bet it was. ill bet your joint was better than your effort here however!!

it will be a crying shame for EPL fans everywhere if he is unable to play the game he loves imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Always a bit suprised at the love in Bullard gets.

Acted like a complete brat with Fulham. And his so called 'humour' is nothing more than the oi oi antics you'd expect out of a WKD advert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hull's season has taken a huge hit. Losing an in form player who scored 2 in 2 I think.

Fair play to Villa. The fans and the coaching staff for consoling him. Looked a bit sore that injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Goals on Sunday saying that it is swollen and he is going for a scan tomorrow. It is the other knee but nothing known until tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Goals on Sunday saying that it is swollen and he is going for a scan tomorrow. It is the other knee but nothing known until tomorrow.

Hopefully nothing too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'd doubt most of us are at all religious or spiritual people, but Jimmy's having his scan tonight and I for one will have a good thought for him.

Nobody's suggesting he's Messi, but he's unquestionably a nice young fella, who is an asset to the game. Let's hope it's not a serious problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5754421,00.html
    Hull City manager Phil Brown has told Sky Sports News that Jimmy Bullard has not suffered any serious knee ligament damage.

More to follow...

Hull City manager Phil Brown has told Sky Sports News that Jimmy Bullard has not suffered any serious knee ligament damage.

The influential midfielder has been ruled out for six to eight weeks, but that is a boost for most - as there were serious fears he could have suffered cruciate knee ligament damage for a third time in his career.

Bullard suffered his latest injury at Aston Villa on Saturday, and he was visibly upset amid fears his season could have been over before it had barely started,

Bullard only made his comeback from his last injury in October, but his impact was tremendous as he won Premier League Player of the Month for November.

Now scans have confirmed that he has only sprained medial ligaments, which will rule him out until the end of January.

"Jimmy is going to be out between six and eight weeks, a totally separate injury to anything he has had before," Brown told Sky Sports News.

"It is a grade 2 sprain on his medial ligament, it is not connected with anterior cruciate ligament.

"Whichever way you look - on the negative front we are losing a very good player for six weeks, but on the other side it could have been a lot longer.

"It has been a horrendous day [waiting], but you talk about popularity - the amount of well wishers and people asking about Jimmy, it is fantastic the response to one of the most popular players in the country.

"I am hopeful that Jimmy will be back on the field of play before the transfer window closes - that is what I am looking at and hopefully what everyone else is looking at.

"It also gives us a chance to strengthen his other leg, it hasn't been a problem but it gives us a chance to strengthen."

Wh00t! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He is Hull's best player by far. At least its not as bad as it was feared at first. They will still miss him ALOT.

Poor lad, seemed to be hitting top form again too.

Is it just me or are there shít loads of injuries this season in comparison to others?

Probably just me :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He should retire and go into comedy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Delighted to hear its not serious. He is a good player and a colourful character. It would be a killer to come back for just one month and get his third serious injury.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

mars bar wrote: »

Did they not say that last time aswell ?? .. I know it's his other knee though .*
    Very unfortunate person*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

it says a lot when 40 odd thousand pple supportin the opposition applaud him off the pitch.. hope hes not out for too long

it says a lot when 40 odd thousand pple supportin the opposition applaud him off the pitch.. hope hes not out for too long

It does indeed. And before Villa fans (of which I am one btw) start pontificating about how that's just how decent they are as fans, I recall cheers of delight when Torres limped off with a hamstring injury at VP last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Charlie wrote: »
    Always a bit suprised at the love in Bullard gets.

Acted like a complete brat with Fulham. And his so called 'humour' is nothing more than the oi oi antics you'd expect out of a WKD advert.

Bullard was a major reason for Fulham staying up. He's made money for them. As for is 'oi oi' humour, well done for being so mature. But i'm sure everyone on this forum has got locked at some stage and had a laugh.

This ain't the chess forum!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Neil3030 wrote: »
    It does indeed. And before Villa fans (of which I am one btw) start pontificating about how that's just how decent they are as fans, I recall cheers of delight when Torres limped off with a hamstring injury at VP last year.

True, true. I was actually at both games (By the way im not a Villa fan!). It was different type of atmosphere to be fair, before the Liverpool match there was a lot of BS directed at Benitez over the whole Barry transfer, so it is not comparing like with like.

When Bullard went off, just like Torres, Hull / Liverpool had pretty much no other game plan.

Someone said that Bullard was a decent mid table player, thats exactly where Hull are targeting to be, and on Saturday they had chances to break and attack Villa early on, but chose to slow up the ball to play it to Jimmy to let him take control. They really have no other gameplan (although they were without Giovanni and Ghilas on Saturday so they might have some element of a plan B somewhere)

Advertisement