If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers + receiver

Options
  • 05-12-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Want to get a new receiver and the Onkoy TX-SR607 looks like the job, but what speakers to go for? I am not looking to break the bank! Maybe something 350 - 450. 5.1 or 7.1? Any good deals or suggestions on speakers?

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cherrio wrote: »
    Want to get a new receiver and the Onkoy TX-SR607 looks like the job, but what speakers to go for? I am not looking to break the bank! Maybe something 350 - 450. 5.1 or 7.1? Any good deals or suggestions on speakers?

Cheers.

Oh yes - lots of nice things in the price range...

If you are buying the 607 in a package we can do the following:

Onkyo TXSR607 + Kef KHT1005.2 5.1 Speaker pack - £779.95 / €849.99

Onkyo TXSR607 + Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack (Very nice!) £649.95 / €729.99 - this is a great sounding pack

...and now for something completely different...

We just received and tried the new Boston XSB 5.1 system (apologies for the awful link) and it sounds brilliant - a complete surprise - It sounds meaty and yet the satellites are really neat (and it's not too expensive either!) We can do this system at £649.95 / €729.99

Of course we can also do 'proper' speaker system ie bookshelf or floorstanders and if you are interested in any of these just drop me a line or of course if any of the above systems interests you just drop me a line and we will get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Those are some pretty sweet deals:D

The Monitor Audio Vector 5.1, how much for a pair of stands? Do the speakers come with cabling / connectors for hooking up to the Onkyo? How long are the cables? The setup is for standard sized living room, 12 foot by 12 foot approx.

Thx:)

*shamless bump* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

How much are those Boston 5.1 speakers on their own?
    They're not on your website....do you have them in stock?

Those are some pretty sweet deals:D

The Monitor Audio Vector 5.1, how much for a pair of stands? Do the speakers come with cabling / connectors for hooking up to the Onkyo? How long are the cables? The setup is for standard sized living room, 12 foot by 12 foot approx.

Thx:)

Cherrio,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - Monitor Audio don't make a floorstand for the Vector Kit they are designed to be wall or shelf mounted - It also does not come with speaker cable - but the cable is not too expensive - you could use the Gale Symphony 100 which is excellent cable at just £0.99/Meter (and we will happily do you a decent deal on this).

The Vector will run really well in a room of that size (and quite a bit bigger!) and for the money they are great!

Apologies again for the delay in getting back to you and again drop me a line if I can assist in any way.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hey John,

sorry for not getting back to ya sooner about this, have finally cleared the X-mas credit card bill and still have a wad of cash burning a hole in my wallet!

Just to go over what I want,

- Onkyo TXSR607 reciever (unless you would recommend another?)
    - 5.1 or 7.1 speaker set
    - Would prefer if the speakers were on stands
    - Any additional wires / cables that I'd need to wire speakers up

Also interested in getting a second TV for the woman, something cheap and cheerful, she ain't going to know the difference! ;) Perhaps a 32", only requirement is it can pickup digital/mpeg4 TV.

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Cherrio.

Lets see if we can lighten up that Wallet then for you ;)

The Onkyo TX-SR607 is finishing up now with the 608 to replace it.
    http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/TX-SR608.html

I have no price on the 608 as of yet!!

You could check out the Denon AVR 1910 priced at £389.95 / 459.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=&mode=0&categoryid=3&sub=24&productid=923&c=1

Speaker package depends on budget and some of them are hard to find stands for.

Have a look at the following:

Tannoy SFX 5.1 priced at £199.95 / 239.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=686&Results=true&keys=tannoy sfx

Stands for the Tannoy's would be priced at £49.95 / 59.99 Euro (Per Pair)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands-brackets/tannoy/sfx-stand-kit/tann-stnd-kit-sfx-bk

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Pack priced at £399.95 but do have on offer if purchased with Home cinema amp (E.G AVR1910 - Vector 5.1 £689.95 / 809.99 Euro). (While Stocks Last)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=954&Results=true&keys=vector

The only down side for the Vectors would be that getting stands to fit could be tricky as we have none that would suit them :(

The Vectors would be easily upgraded to 7.1 as the V10 bookshelf speakers are also sold as pairs for £129.95 / 159.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=869&results=true&keys=vector&c=1

Boston XS 5.1 Speaker pack priced at £399.95 / 449.99 Euro (Again Stands could be a problem due to the size of these speakers - They come with own brackets).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=989&results=true&keys=boston&c=1

Speaker cable starts at 99p per meter although depending on the setup you choose £2.99 / 3.49.99 Euro per Meter would be an excellent point to start.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=230&Results=true&keys=cambridge ultra

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=225&Results=true&keys=symphony 100

If you let me know what you intend to connect to the Amp then I can give prices for the other cables needed.

I hope this helps. Let me know what you think.

Hey Keeny, can ya put me down for a 608 so please? The Monitor Audio Vector speaker set looks like the job, any hope of finding a suitable stand?

Also, what about the TV? Just need something cheap, 32" or above and has inbuilt Digital TV tuner.

Hey Keeny, can ya put me down for a 608 so please? The Monitor Audio Vector speaker set looks like the job, any hope of finding a suitable stand?

Also, what about the TV? Just need something cheap, 32" or above and has inbuilt Digital TV tuner.

Cherrio,

thanks for the post - we will put your name on a 608 however the price drop on the 607 may make you think again £299.95 now!

The Vectors will work on any standard speaker stand but unfortunately Monitor Audio don't make a dedicated stand for them (you have to go to the Radius pack for that).

On the 32" - I would recommend the 32PFL5404h which has a built in MPEG4 digital tuner and retails at €449.99 - however we offer Boardies a 10% discount from The Philips Shop so that will net out at just €399.99 which is a cracking price for a well specced 32" - we also have the full HD version at the 5604 at €499.99 again however we offer Boardies a 10% discount from The Philips Shop so that will net out at just €449.99.

There are new models due from Philips (and pretty much everyone else over the next few weeks) - however in general they will be significantly more expensive than the current ranges.

On the 608 I exxpect that it will retail at approx £449.95 and we hope to have it into stock within the month. I have attached the specs below for your convenience.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

we also have the full HD version at the 5604 at €499.99 again however we offer Boardies a 10% discount from The Philips Shop so that will net out at just €449.99.

Sold! :) Will PM you for details.

• Advertisement

Sold! :) Will PM you for details.

Cherrio,

Thanks for the order - Mucho appreciated - We love sending kit to The real capital ;)

PM Sent!

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.