Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Balbriggan to Red Cow???

• 05-12-2009 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

ill keep it short...

just landed a job near the red cow roundabout...only prob is that i live in balbriggan...

start at 8:30am finish at 6pm...

does anyone actually do this commute or can anyone give me a good idea of what the M50 is like these days???

how long is it taking midweek and any other info ya can muster???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Driving the main problem is from Ballymun to Blanchardstown, but from Lissenhall south it will be busy. I imagine starting off at 7am and then seeing how well that works out.

Consider train to Connolly and Luas to Red Cow. Rail + Luas tickets are available. Four trains arriv ein Connolly before 8am and travel time should be about 30-35 minutes to Red Cow. Note the Luas Docklands extension is opening next week and fewer trams will use Connolly, but you can still use Busáras stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Before the office moved I used to do drogheda to nass road. when I was to be in at 9 i would have to leave at half seven and get in on average about 5 mins early. Sometimes later dependeing on if theres a crash.

Consider going via ashbourne/N2 on to the m50 that way, you beat all the traffic at the m50 interchange and all that ****e just south of swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Snowman123 wrote: »
    ill keep it short...

just landed a job near the red cow roundabout...only prob is that i live in balbriggan...

start at 8:30am finish at 6pm...

does anyone actually do this commute or can anyone give me a good idea of what the M50 is like these days???

how long is it taking midweek and any other info ya can muster???

An hour will be more than enough in the morning - provided there are no accidents, particularly on the M1...these happen frequently because most users of this road have no idea how to drive on a motorway. The evening should be the same, although it should improve when the M1/M50 interchange is fully up and running.

That's my experience of doing a similar route for 9-5 hours.

ps watch out for GATSO vans on M50 SB between J7 and J9 and on the R110 (Naas Rd) between M50 and Long Mile Road both directions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Snowman123

thanks folks...

all set fot the morning...

gonna leave a bit before 7...not taking any chances...

thanks again

Advertisement