Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modules, credits and crap.

Options
  • 05-12-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Quick question. I'm screwed for one of my module exams. It's worth 5 credits. I have 25 credits registered for sem 1 and 35 for sem 2. Can I register for another module in sem 2 to make up the 5 credits and forget about the exam? Basically giving me 40 creds in sem 2 and 20 in sem 1? I still don't understand this system. What happened to studying three subjects then dropping one after year 1? And what the hell is GPA? Have I entered Dawsons creek?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

dont know if you can take another module in semester 2 but gpa as far as im aware is all your modules scores added up and divided by the number of modules.
    example if you do 5 modules: and get 60 for one and 50 for the other 4, add them up and divide by 5 to get your gpa, so 260 divided by four gives the gpa.
    someone correct me if im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

It depends on if its a requirement for your degree to have that class or not!
    If its a requirement u have to pass it.

If it was an elective or something yeh you can drop it. But you'd have to pay for the subject next year. and do you realy think that if you cannot hack 5 this semester you will be good with 8 next???

Also what you chose will have to fit into your timetable!

Advertisement