Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Cajon players about??

• 05-12-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Just picked myself up a cajon today and Im gonna use it to play a gig tonight alongside somebody playing acoustic guitar. Ive wanted one for a while now as I got sick of playing djembe at acoustic gigs only for it to keep moving on me thus making mic placement a nightmare and also left my knees a little sore!

Any other cajon players out there? Do you enjoy playing, any tips? Would be nice to hear from you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Aw poor unanswered thread!

Hope the gig went well; I'm not a cajon owner but I've played them and love them! Ever heard Rodrigo y Gabriella stuff - she plays percussion on her guitar but it sounds quite like the cajon, and I do believe accoustic giutar, particularly spanish / nylon stringed ones and cajons are made for each other!

I hear ya about the djembe too - sore thighs after a good session - ouch! A good trick I found is an upside-down bar stool holds them in place pretty well, or a strap of some kind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Absolutely love playing cajons, I unfortunately don't own one. :(
    Pretty much bang on for unplugged sessions.

Advertisement