Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N1700 V XR100 LIDS

• 05-12-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Im look at getting a new lid I was going to get a Shoei XR1000 and have save up a few € for it then I seen its safety rating it only got 3 stars then I had a look down the list and seen a Nitro N1700 it got 5 stars there is some differnts in price the Shoei is £199 down from £294 and the Nitro is £49 down from £119.

The thing that has trown me is I though that shoie is ment to be one of the top makes am I wrong or is it just that lid.

motorcycle helmet safety ratings link

www.sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

No harm checking out horsepower.ie in Meath - they also deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

It is a personal choice with helmets.

It depends on what you want.

There are a few different saftey ratings, and mostly they disagree with each other.

So, here are a few questions to consider:

1.) Which one is the most comfortable?
    2.) Which one would you rather have on in a seriouse collision?
    3.) Are you more price aware or brand aware?
    4.) Which one has what you want from a helmet - dark visor, ventiation, etc.

And, by the way - nothing wrong with a Nitro, I had one as my first helmet, and still have it as a spare. The reason why I bought another, was size and fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

P.C. wrote: »
    It is a personal choice with helmets.

It depends on what you want.

There are a few different saftey ratings, and mostly they disagree with each other.

So, here are a few questions to consider:

1.) Which one is the most comfortable?
    2.) Which one would you rather have on in a seriouse collision?
    3.) Are you more price aware or brand aware?
    4.) Which one has what you want from a helmet - dark visor, ventiation, etc.

And, by the way - nothing wrong with a Nitro, I had one as my first helmet, and still have it as a spare. The reason why I bought another, was size and fit.

Thanks I have a Nitro as well just a few down from the N1700 I though I was up grading by going for a Shoei but may be not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

There are other Shoei ones with much better ratings but also other Nitro helemets with poorer ratings. Depends on the individual helmet than the brand I think.

Advertisement