Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with ps2 modding

Options
  • 05-12-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have straw modded my ps2 scph77003 i can play games with the top open but i cant play ps1 backups

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Straw modded....presumably soft modded? Can you define the problem a bit more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 J MAN

i soft modded it so i culd play burned ps1 games it also lets you play games eith the lid open wich i can do but it wont play the ps1 backups

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you are getting a disc read error then it's probably because you're laser is knackered. Have you tried PS2 blue discs of normal PS1 games to see if they will work? Also some chips have different boot methods. On mine I have to turn on the PS2 from the main power button then press the main power button twice when the blue light comes on to reset it and allow it to boot up PS1 games.

Advertisement