Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Would any-one be up for an evening's bowling?!?

Haven't been bowling in ages, but if they serve alcohol, and hot n cold drinks, it would suit every-one, ie those livin' in the city could take a drink if they wanted, or for others driving or who won't/can't for whatever reason, there is hot n cold drinks. Plus the evening's fun wouldn't go amiss, and I would say a group bowling would be good for a group of new people that don't know each other when there's an activity involved ....

Would anyone agree or what are yere thoughts?! :)

Also I was just thinking if this seems to be mostly connected to country-side folk, and/or folk that won't be drinking or who have to drive, isn't there a Bowling place in Oranmore which may be handier for drivers to get to rather than going into Galway City if majority rules. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

certainly be up for bowling sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

+1 for bowling, haven't played for ages! be good to meet a few more in a non-pub environment! (not that I'm against Pubs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Can I come to bowling and not bowl? :) Or else someone will end up in A&E with a bowling ball related injury and I don't have the time for that! :D

i dont see why not :) better all bring hard hats just in case :P

• Advertisement

Awww Spadina tsk tsk tsk!! What happens when ya snooze hun!!!
    :D:D

Spadina wrote: »
    Can I come to bowling and not bowl? :) Or else someone will end up in A&E with a bowling ball related injury and I don't have the time for that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

deadly! should we get an oul poll going?!!:confused:

So are we doing this on Monday then?

So are we doing this on Monday then?

Tea in The Cottage or Bowling?

When was the Cottage decided on for tea, did I miss that bit? :confused:

• Advertisement

It was mentioned by someone a couple of pages back... I reckon this all needs clarification as I am all on for bowling and if I turn up and it's a tea party i'l be disappointed :p

OK lets pick a time and say.. Between 3pm and 5pm on Monday for tea. Is everyone who would want to go OK with that? Anyone got a specific time in mind? As for the location, are there buses out to Clarinbridge?

dunno if tea is a weekday thing as people may work during the day :) but i guess some people work weekends too so hard keep everyone happy watever happened to doing it today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

ha, everyone seems lost as to what is going on. I didn't see the point in all the effort of polls, but now I do....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Right, I think today is off because it didn't get finalized and now it's too short notice.

How about we alternate between Sundays and during the week, that way people who work during the week who can't make it can make it half the time and vice versa?

So since the first tea drinking thing technically happened on a bank holiday the next one should be on a weekday, next Monday having been suggested.

How about Java's? It's central, we know it'll be open (it's ALWAYS open) and if people prefer a glass of wine over a mug of tea that is available.

(Galway needs more coffee shops that open late)

I think the confusion comes from too many things happening at the same time. Especially in one thread.

Xiney is tomorrow out of the question? I'm around if anyone else will be too.

Was a nice meet up yesterday, we were chatting for hours! definitely should be a more permanent arrangement... :)

spender.j wrote: »
    Was a nice meet up yesterday, we were chatting for hours! definitely should be a more permanent arrangement... :)

damn! sorry i missed it now but had to work and was late when i got back so figured i had missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

spender.j wrote: »

For definite ..100% agree

Hey guys,

I also saw the last day that the Cottage are now doing "Supper Club", Thursday nights, dj, special menu, cocktails, etc, could be good!

But not this Thursday because I can't go :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Hey guys,

I also saw the last day that the Cottage are now doing "Supper Club", Thursday nights, dj, special menu, cocktails, etc, could be good!

I saw that!!!

Looks deadly!!

sounds pretty cool alrite :) id be up for that

A friend of mine works there and said he works every Thursday night so I'm sure he could reserve us a table and get us to the head of the cocktail queue! :) Ooh I'm excited, between that and the Tearooms I'll be as fat as a fool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Who is goin to the cottage for the supper? id b up for that!

any one up for it this thursday?

Oh that's right, steal my idea and go without me!

So not fair :P

What did ye do at the Tea-meet lol?! Have Tea and cake and chat was it? :)

Oh that's right, steal my idea and go without me!

So not fair :P

ok well due to the fact that the creator of the idea is away guess this week is off as it cannot be offically opened without them :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

make it next Thursday and I'll (try to) be there!

• Advertisement

So are ye doing anything this Thursday night?! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement