Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Yep good fun indeed hehe...:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

hyperbaby wrote: »

Damn, I'd love to go (I adore table quizzes!) but I have something on Thursday evening already :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

i'd go except I will be in morocco.. would be up for table quizes in the future though if they're on

telepylus wrote: »
    i'd go except I will be in morocco.. would be up for table quizes in the future though if they're on

Ppfft. You used this just as an excuse to brag about your holiday - didn't you? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

you know it dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

telepylus wrote: »

But you're still taking me yeah? :cool:

Flojo wrote: »
    But you're still taking me yeah? :cool:

Oh oh me too. We can both fit in a suitcase, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hey All,

Some of us are thinking of going to Claire's Tearooms tomorrow afternoon for tea & cake :)

I'm thinking between 1-3pm is the obvious time, anyone else wanna join in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Oh no, woun't be up till late tommorow, would have loved it. Next time hopefully - enjoy:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 steve1875

please let me know if you have anything else planned as i'd definately be interested in going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

You've just missed a night Bowling and it was in Oranmore too. :( Hopefully we should be having it again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 steve1875

Damn, just my luck ;). I'll be there for the next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

BEERS!!! Who's up for it? Meee! Post if you interested and when may suit..Venue(s) can be decided later....

Here you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Blusher

So ive just moved to galway and need to fill up my evenings, i dont really know anybody and just want to settle and make a few friends! I was thinking a fitness class maybe but nothing too tough and something for a beginner? Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Can't recommend Zumba classes enough! In the college gym, but you dno't need to be a student. Great fun.

Or swing..see galwayswing.com

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Welcome to Galway!
    Worth a look:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056036826

Are you after anything specifically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Blusher

whats zumba? cant say im the most athletic or anyways good at sports, i have the coordination of a flying elephant!!

Anything really just something to do i guess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

There's the book club, can someone post the link? Why not take a look at the skills-swap post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055936165, you could meet people through that. Otherwise I'd suggest an evening class, climbing, french classes, amateur dramatics, whatever twists your biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

are you a student, working, retired, etc. give us more info

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Boards Beers ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

If you've any interest in filming or script writing / acting for a camera, ill happily meet up for a coffee/beer and a chat.

I know precious few in Galway anymore either, so usually spend evenings on me lonesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I would have thought Galway is a great place for things to do. Sports, Dancing etc. How about something in the line of a drama society? Also, there's definitely no end to the Evening Courses available as other Posters have suggested, usually held every season in G.M.I.T., and G.T.I. Father Griffin Road amongst other locations/Colleges.

As an aside, if any of the ladies around Galway would be up for the Cinema one of the evenings this week, if you'd like to catch a Movie let me know! :) Been about two months since last there, but would be nice to pass an evening. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

OP if you decide to go for a fitness class and need company I'll join you! I'm new here too and while terribly embarrassed I'll make an ass of myself I want to get out and meet people (and attempt to get fit in the process).

Also, board beers is a great idea!! Anyone else interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP, what hobbies did you have in the last place where you lived? Or if you don't want to do them any more, what hobbies would you like to try? Give us some clues, and we can probably tell you where to find a group of similarly minded people in Galway.

And a tip for ya (it may be repeated in other of the other linked threads):
    • If you want to learn to do stuff, go to classes.
    • If you want to make friends, join a club or similar organisation which has an incentive to get people involved in the continued operation of the club (etc). Watch what's going on, and if you like it, offer to get involved yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I would have thought Galway is a great place for things to do. Sports, Dancing etc. How about something in the line of a drama society? Also, there's definitely no end to the Evening Courses available as other Posters have suggested, usually held every season in G.M.I.T., and G.T.I. Father Griffin Road amongst other locations/Colleges.

Unfortunately a lot of the evening classes are a few weeks in. Keep an eye on the 'what's happening in Galway' thread though, fun stuff pops up. There's more classes some friends are doing & taking, likely to happen in Nov, independent of GTI etc, I will post as I hear of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

This is a long shot, and I feel a bit sad doing this but I'm new to Galway (have been here about a month) and I haven't got around to meeting that many people/making new friends yet and I'd really like to meet people with similar interests (fashion, shopping, travel, nights out) or for someone who might be interested in joining a fitness class with me (I'm terrified of going alone and making an ass out of myself cuz I've been idle for a while now) - would prefer to hear from females near enough to my own age (I'm 22 in a few weeks).

I've also been struggling a bit with my confidence lately which hasn't made making new friends any easier for me! So if you think we might have anything in common, drop me a PM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

I'm sure there are special sites you can join to meet new people. Like a dating site except for friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

check out the book club and the gaming club. There are threads here somewhere.
    I know it can be hard to make friends in a new place and Galway seems to be clicker then most places but hang in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement