Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

skelliser wrote: »
    check out the book club and the gaming club. There are threads here somewhere.

What that Screenwatcher said :pac: or come out with us all some night to a Galway City Boards Beers! Its a meet n greet, I have some great friends on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Meeting people threads merged

skelliser wrote: »
    check out the book club and the gaming club. There are threads here somewhere.
    I know it can be hard to make friends in a new place and Galway seems to be clicker then most places but hang in there.

That's why I'm glad for things like boards, where you can meet people you may never have before.

@Blusher - definitely come to a beers, they're great ways to meet people. They're generally organised every few weeks/months depending. There's also bowling, gaming and a book club that are organised through this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Blusher

Thanks for all the replies and PM's, i replied but i couldn't be sure if they sent or not. Nice to nice there is such a welcoming community in Galway.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 galwaybound

Would be up for a meet-up if being arranged again, any ladies meet-ups? Nice to meet some people around my age.
    I'm early 30's, female, into football, badminton, walking, considering trying the windsurfing at rusheen bay soon. Like meeting for coffee/tea/drinks, shopping. Don't know too many in Galway like the rest of ye! PM if anyone fancies meeting for coffee or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

anybody around for a few drinks this week maybe friday night???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

anybody around for a few drinks this week maybe friday night???

There's a ladies night being organised if you wanna go in drag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

TillyGirl wrote: »
    There's a ladies night being organised if you wanna go in drag ;)

Think il pass don't think a dress would suit me haven't the legs for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Maz there's a few of us heading out on Thursday night to The Roisin. And So I Watch You From Afar are playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

mmm :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kat007

Hi,

I have just moved to Galway and I don't know anyone here so I'm feeling at a bit of a loose-end in the evenings. Does anyone have any tips or any info on anything that's happening...any evening but Wednesday....

Le dea-ghuí,
    Katie

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tarica

hey girl I hear you. I'm all up for making new friends, made a lot of changes in my life. At the moment in college in Galway looking to make new friends as they say out with the old in with the new. Be delighted to get to know you, if you're on fb be even better again.
    But for now leave a comment and I'll get back to you, regards tarica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xSaraLowex

Hi..

I work in Galway alot and I'm looking for friends to go to bars and clubs with, I'm over from Scotland and I don't know anyone? I'm in my early twenties :) I'm nice looking and blonde. Would anyone like to meet up and go to bars/clubs? I can send pix :)

x x x

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

xSaraLowex wrote: »
    Hi..

I work in Galway alot and I'm looking for friends to go to bars and clubs with, I'm over from Scotland and I don't know anyone? I'm in my early twenties :) I'm nice looking and blonde. Would anyone like to meet up and go to bars/clubs? I can send pix :)

x x x

:cool:

You only just missed a Galway beers meetup..tut tut tut!
    (Says me that didn't make it to the beers!)
    Welcome to Galway, now organise a beers meetup!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Heading to Hodejegerne (Headhunters) in the Eye at 23:45 if anyone wishes to join. Trailer looks good but a bit spoilerish. I should point out that it's Norwegian with English subtitles though.
    NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT, BIKO! ;)
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

Ficheall wrote: »
    Heading to Hodejegerne (Headhunters) in the Eye at 23:45 if anyone wishes to join. Trailer looks good but a bit spoilerish. I should point out that it's Norwegian with English subtitles though.
    NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT, BIKO! ;)
    :p

Where can I meet you?

At the Eye would be best, I think.
    PM sent.

Was the movie any good? Did many turn up? Good idea by the way!

Movie was woeful. Fortunately no other boardsies turned up so I was not lynched for my poor choice.
    I posted that it was useless, here, earlier this afternoon, but biko (I presume) deleted it.
    Feckin' Scandinavians...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 booyakasha

Hi.
    Any meetings, activities coming up any time soon? Open for new acquaintances/friends etc.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Movie was woeful. Fortunately no other boardsies turned up so I was not lynched for my poor choice.
    I posted that it was useless, here, earlier this afternoon, but biko (I presume) deleted it.
    Feckin' Scandinavians...
    Yeah you quoted someone and when that quoted post was removed, yours vanished with it.

I might head to see Salmon fishing in Yemen this week if anyone wants to see it too.

biko wrote: »
    Yeah you quoted someone and when that quoted post was removed, yours vanished with it.
    Aye, I know. I did but jest.
    (big hug)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

biko wrote: »

I might head to see Salmon fishing in Yemen this week if anyone wants to see it too.
    Sounds reasonable. Any day in mind?

There's an event called Úr de Máirt on tonight at 8:30, if any boardsies are thinking of going to it. Could be an interesting night.

Jim wrote: »
    Sounds reasonable. Any day in mind?
    Not really. Thursday?
    Actually, maybe make it Battleship instead?

Don't suppose I could convince ye to go next week instead? I mightn't be back in the city in time on Thursday and will likely be gone Friday, but I'm quite eager to see Battleship!

Next week is cool too.
    Tuesday next week?

Hell yes, if Jim doesn't mind the date change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Next week is cool. I heard Battleship is all kinds of awful though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement