Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extra Xbox Features? Facebook, Sky etc..

• 05-12-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

1. Just wondering what the deal is with Skyplayer on the xbox? do u need a sky subscription? can i use my parents sky subscription? do I get the same (ie sports) pack they have in their house?

2. whats the story with facebook? is it like a dedicated app or done thru a browser?

3. Can you plug a SD card into the xbox and so slideshows like the PS3? PS3 is very good at this you can play it to music and it zooms in on faces and pans really nice!

4. Do you get HDMI cable with the xbox super elite pack?

thanks in advance! if any of these questions have been answered please link! i did a search but cant find the answers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

1. Just wondering what the deal is with Skyplayer on the xbox? do u need a sky subscription? can i use my parents sky subscription? do I get the same (ie sports) pack they have in their house?

2. whats the story with facebook? is it like a dedicated app or done thru a browser?

3. Can you plug a SD card into the xbox and so slideshows like the PS3? PS3 is very good at this you can play it to music and it zooms in on faces and pans really nice!

4. Do you get HDMI cable with the xbox super elite pack?

thanks in advance! if any of these questions have been answered please link! i did a search but cant find the answers!

1.Yes you need a sky subscription. The package your parents have represent what you can get on the 360.

2.Its a dedicated app yes, as there is no internet browser for the xbox.

3.No SD cards,sorry. There are USB slots though. You can alternatively stream music, video and photos via Windows media center through your 360.

4. No, there is no HDMI in the super Elite. Most of them are sold out I think. Last time I checked there is only the forza 3 bundle version left. The MW2 250GB is very limited in supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

1.Yes you need a sky subscription. The package your parents have represent what you can get on the 360.

2.Its a dedicated app yes, as there is no internet browser for the xbox.

3.No SD cards,sorry. There are USB slots though. You can alternatively stream music, video and photos via Windows media center through your 360.

4. No, there is no HDMI in the super Elite. Most of them are sold out I think. Last time I checked there is only the forza 3 bundle version left. The MW2 250GB is very limited in supply.

Regarding the Sky Player...do your parents have to have Sky Player as well?? My dad has Sky in the house, with the Sports package and everything but when I asked him for a code the other day he said he wasn't aware of any code he can give me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

niallo24 wrote: »
    Regarding the Sky Player...do your parents have to have Sky Player as well?? My dad has Sky in the house, with the Sports package and everything but when I asked him for a code the other day he said he wasn't aware of any code he can give me??

You have to go online and register your account see the link below you will need your sky account number.

http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

niallo24 wrote: »

he needs to have a multi-room package for it to be free on the XBox

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Riskymove wrote: »
    he needs to have a multi-room package for it to be free on the XBox

You can pay 7.50 a month for multiroom after you register for skyplayer. Doesn't appear on Sky bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Are you sure there is no HDMI? Just asking as i got a normal elite awhile back and it came with a HDMI cable in the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i have skyplayer, and its muck, i have the code for someone who has every sky channel, yet it only has 27 live channels, and all poor ones.

Sky movies works great with over 600 films that you can play from the start and stop and resume anytime.

Sky 1 allows you to pick a show and watch it from the start but you have to say e1.27 to watch an episode of something good.

Works best with a 3mb line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I've heard mixed things about the sky player. Was going to get it the other day, but just could not justify the extra money at this stage. The parents are getting in UPC after Christmas, so I'll probably run with that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't think that the person who's Sky code I have "borrowed" has the multi room. I have only got access to the movies though, but that is good enough for my needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

anybody know how to import music/photos from an external hard drive to the hard drive of the Xbox? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

anybody know how to import music/photos from an external hard drive to the hard drive of the Xbox? thanks

You can't.

You can rip music CD's to the hard drive via the xbox, you can download stuff from XBL, but that's it - there is no facility to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I don't know why people are giving out about the sky player.

My father has sky down in the house in Limerick, i downloaded the sky player onto my xbox (for free) and there are hundreds of great movies to watch for free.

Yes you have to pay extra if you want to watch live telly but there are plenty of films to watch and premiership matches are uploaded a few days after they are played to watch if you missed the game. Not bad at all.

Advertisement