Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privatize FAS

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lirael

deregulate employment???

isn't it regulated by supply and demand ???

I don't get your meaning ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭djsomers

The central statistics office has some more info on the expenditure of Fas in the last two years, all I can say is "Oh my god".

The whole idea about privatising FAS is to give the same level of training and re-employment at the same level but at a lower cost to the tax payer. I understand this needs to be very tightly regulated. I do not have all the answers here. The government just need t set the targets and expenses for the next contract before renewal, surely that is better than an unknown figure every year getting bigger while enployment goes up and trainees/apprentices get more and more disillusioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

permanent boom, full employment, no bust?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

And, with no offence intended, 90% of the population of Donegal would starve. Your county’s (my summation) recourse to public funds is nothing short of legend, Fionn McCool aside. I'm tempted to be snide about diesel and entrepreneurship flourishing but I won't go there, it's getting too late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lirael

what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Which could (and should, you have the line minister) be best addressed by focused education and training. Crolly did well for a bit, fruit of the loom too, and Primerica is doing good now. All of which are there for the resource, the best people for their business, rest assured they expect it, they won't (and shouldn't in my view) pay for it (because there are better deals for them internationally).

Advertisement