Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dealextreme xbox hard drives?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think 3rd party HDD's don't work on the 360 anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My chinese HDD works fine still, think it was only third party memory cards that were affected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I don't know if they have yet, but they were supposed to be blocking un-official hard-drives. Just find out first before you buy OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Safer to get an official one, second hand if you want to save yourself money.

Some 3rd party hard drives don't come with the backwarsd compatibility partition, meaning you can't play original xbox games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

The drives work fine. I have a 120gb and a 250gb that i flashed myself. The last Microsoft update only blocked the Datel Memory Cards.

There is no way of telling if Microsoft can detect them, or block them. Its a gamble really. But 6 months on mine are still going strong.

On a side note, Customs will pick this up. I ordered 5 enclosures (no hard drive installed) and each time they tried to charge me. Until i forwarded on the invoice for a whole $5!

• Advertisement
Advertisement