Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Stars fpp loyalty program?

Options
  • 05-12-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I get a good loyalty bonus already at ipoker but im planning to up my game and hope to play around 100k hands a month for the next few months. Now ive always thought that stars loyalty program was poor but im reading that it can be benifical to high volume players. Ive worked out through HM that i earn about 0.35 vpps per hand playing 100nl, hopefully will be playing 200nl soon but for the sake of calculations well work on the 100nl assumption (but if anyone knows the vpp per hand average for 200nl id like to know)

So going by that 100k hands will be approx 33k vpp per month, it will take 3 months to hit supernova and thats as high as ill go as super elite is way too high and not achievable. So after all the searching im really confused so can someone answer this.

1) Assuming im not using my fpps to buy prizes and only want cash am i right in assuming that while im at platinum i wont get any $, so id have to go 3 months without making any rakeback, is this correct?

Also heres the $ bonus when your reach supernova
    hen players hit one of the following VPP milestones they will be eligible to purchase a cash reward for 50,000 FPPs:

* $800 at 100,000 VPP
    * $2,000 at 200,000 VPP
    * $3,000 at 300,000 VPP
    * $4,000 at 400,000 VPP
    * $5,000 at 500,000 VPP
    * $6,000 at 600,000 VPP
    * $8,000 at 800,000 VPP

Now does that mean when i reach supernova i can immediately cash in the $800 as i already have 100,000 vpp since i hit supernova, and then when i hit the next 100k i get $2k and the next $3k

If so i must be missing something as i will hit about 400k vpps for the year, 33k per month x 12, so i will be able to cash in $800 + $2k + $3k + $4k so thats $10k rake for the year, i could earn that in just over 2 months on ipoker playing that volume so what am i missing, where do you make the extra money or is that it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Supernova = 28%, once you hit 200k that increases. Once you hit supernova you can concierge stuff at 1.6c per fpp - buy stuff costing $500+ and send the the receipt. Theres a million threads about this on the internet poker forum on 2+2, also theres a change in the vpp structure coming, Id wait to see what happens with that. Also see http://fpppro.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

You should also factor in that Stars games are (imo) the worst on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I think once those milestones are reached its reset and you need to start earning towards the nest one again depending on whcih one you cash out at. Also, as Zuutroy says, Stars is pretty much the worst games around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

zuutroy wrote: »
    You should also factor in that Stars games are (imo) the worst on the internet.

Worst as in the play is really good, or the play is really bad?

I'm guessing the former.

• Advertisement
Advertisement