Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving a contract o2 to o2 prepay

• 05-12-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

My o2 contract is up on the 28th of December and o2 are not offering any worthwhile upgrade so I am thinking of simply making the number pre pay again.

Are there any issues to watch out for? Will o2 try and oppose this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

Bond-007 wrote: »
    My o2 contract is up on the 28th of December and o2 are not offering any worthwhile upgrade so I am thinking of simply making the number pre pay again.

Are there any issues to watch out for? Will o2 try and oppose this?

you have to give 30 days notice to cancel contract, they might offer you a deal, depends on your spend.. i do think they would try and get you into another 12/18 mth contract.... think carefully before you accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

did it last March, all you have to do is go to O2 store and get a blank sim from them, then ring customer care and they will make the change, I didn't have to give 30 days notice. Only thing was seeing as mobile bills actually are for the month forward they didn't automatically refund me the money but once I requested it they did give it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

hickory wrote: »
    did it last March, all you have to do is go to O2 store and get a blank sim from them, then ring customer care and they will make the change, I didn't have to give 30 days notice. Only thing was seeing as mobile bills actually are for the month forward they didn't automatically refund me the money but once I requested it they did give it back.

you no longer need to get a new sim, you can keep your existing sim..
    i did this a few mths ago, they make the change over the phone you just agree a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Honda08 wrote: »
    you have to give 30 days notice to cancel contract, they might offer you a deal, depends on your spend.. i do think they would try and get you into another 12/18 mth contract.... think carefully before you accept.
    I will be wary of them.

I only spend the minimum of 20 a month for the 50 mins/50 texts. I am scarcely using half of the mins a month at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I moved from contract to prepay about 2 years ago and haven't regretted it one bit. I just went into an O2 shop and let the girl working in there do the whole thing for me. She rang up customer care and set it up for me. I think I got a final bill from O2 just charging me what I owed for the portion of the month that I'd been on contract. It all took about 15 minutes and some of that was her setting up a new SIM card for me and copying all the contacts off my old one to the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I will be wary of them.

Give them the road altogether, all the other networks will give you more free credit as a pay as you go customer, Meteor are offering up to €150 euro, Vodafone €80 euro and 3 also €80 (you only need to top up by €10pm with 3 to get your free credit all the rest require €20pm top up)

What are o2 offering, a scrooge like €30 and as your an existing customer they probably won't even give you that.

I'm not wary of my network, I think it's the other way round, just like it should be;)

I will be wary of them.

I only spend the minimum of 20 a month for the 50 mins/50 texts. I am scarcely using half of the mins a month at the moment.

I spend €20 a month, I get unlimited texts to any network and then the €20 gets spent on calls. The calls to other networks are incredibly high (49cent a min) and to o2 and landlines are 19cent. It works for me as I'm a texter and rarely go over the €20 a month. But you have to remember to top up every month or else you will get charged for texts the following month.

So basically, if you only call o2 and landlines you get more than 100mins per month and unlimited texts for €20. I think that's pretty good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I just rang O2. Well that was an interesting experience to say the least.

They don't give a hoot about existing customers. Absolutely no interest in the agent dealing with my call. They won't match any competitors offers so I asked that the number be put on a PAYG basis from the end of this billing period. No can do apparently, I have to call them on the day the contract expires which is New Years Day. :)
    I wonder if their call centre is even staffed on that day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Oh i'd say they'll be there alright, i'm sure they'll be praying on a few wounded ones after christmas:rolleyes:

If you've a 3G phone i'd do a network search and see what your other options are.

"You say you want change, you've got the opportunity, embrace it":)

Advertisement