Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Grate

• 05-12-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this didn't really fit in the "home appliances" section I guess so just wondering could anyone tell me where I could get a similar fire grate to this one in the South Dublin region and what kind of price these things go for too :) :

dsc00023r.jpg

As you can see, the back of it has fallen through from overuse so it's time to get a replacement. Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i got a grate and front for €40 of these guys

http://www.maddenfireplaces.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the link, I only need the grate itself, the front is fine :) I've never had to buy one before so not sure what the story is with the dimensions etc, are they generally all the same or do I have a rare size etc. Would like to be sure where I go has the right one in stock before driving/ringing around everywhere. I also have no idea what is a reasonable price for the grate alone :o

I think open fires are generally 16inches or 18 inches, but you could always throw ur broken one into a plastic bag and take it with u.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭RayCon

I had to replace mine recently too ... got one in Woodies for €17

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Paramount fireplaces, Montpelier Hill, just off Infirmary Road, beside the Phoenix Park have grates to fit all fireplaces.
    Atlantic have a selection too.

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the replies :) Might try Woodies, there's one just up the road :) Are there generally different grades of grates? The one in the photo didn't really last too long I guess. Had it 3 years with fires lit only in the winter.

Could not tell u mate sorry

Ended up getting one in Irish Building Supplies, Patrick St Dun Laoghaire for 16 euro, looks like a pretty good one, weighs much more than the old one and is a lot thicker too. They also had something else I'd been looking for at a great price too, would have cost 150 euro for 10 of them in Woodies, I paid 80 :)

Advertisement