Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pc not working please help

• 05-12-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just in the last few days my pc hasn't be been working properly. I dont know how to diagnose the problem. My pc is a custom built pc that i ordered from komplett.

When I start up the pc and its loading up the picture on the screen has white lines running all over it and it wont load up the windows logo screen the picture justs goes blank and wont go any further.

But the funny thing is i can start the computer in safe mode.

Does any body know what could be causing this, let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
    Gav.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

gav_69 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just in the last few days my pc hasn't be been working properly. I dont know how to diagnose the problem. My pc is a custom built pc that i ordered from komplett.

When I start up the pc and its loading up the picture on the screen has white lines running all over it and it wont load up the windows logo screen the picture justs goes blank and wont go any further.

But the funny thing is i can start the computer in safe mode.

Does any body know what could be causing this, let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
    Gav.
    Sounds to me like a corrupt graphics driver. Go into safe mode and go to device manager and remove the graphics adapter. Restart and with a bit of luck it will re install itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Gav

I had a similar issue with an older HP.

Can you get your hands on another graphics card just to see if you can isolate the issue to the graphics card, which it probably is anyway.

Other than that, can you get into the BIOS settings if so google how to enable the on board graphics and see if it will boot into windows, again a positive result here will point at the graphics card being the culprit.

Try the above and let us know how you get on.

What OS are you running?

Advertisement