Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best remote control helicopter / car?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi all - I want to buy a remote control helicopter or car for my 7 year old nephew for xmas. I've looked at ones in Maplins so far but not sure if they're any good. Also had a look at eBay but a lot of them seem to be in China. Can anyone recommend a good one to buy somewhere in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Hi,

Walk into the jervis centre, go straight up the escalator inside the door and go into the hobbie shop at the top, that has around 3 or 4 remote control helicopters for different budgets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Good stuff cheers. I had a look at some more and they all seem to take at least 6 batteries, is this common? Also a friend said he bought one a while ago and said it never worked properly and broke after 2 days. How does a person know if a particular make is good or not...is there a good brand or one that's well known?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I bought my bf (hes a big kid!) a helicopter from a stand in the Ilac centre last year. It cost 100e but its virtually indestructable!! Its for outdoors (has a really high/far range) but he uses it inside as well and it bounces off walls and is fine! It also just has a charger so batterys arent an issue.

I was in the ilac yesterday and the have the same stand (opposite motion picture-ish) so Im assuming theyll probably have much the same stuff. As far as I remember they had cheaper versions there as well!

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Nice one cheers. I remember seeing them last year alright, they used to be on the main floor of the centre rather than in a shop. Didn't see them last time I was there though. 100 lids is a bit steep but maybe worth it if they're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

theres a hobby shop in st stephens green. they have them from about 50 - 300 euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement