Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Language Filter

Options
  • 06-12-2009 2:23am

There's twenty ways of getting past it anyway.. I'm tired of using italics etc. and considering it doesn't stop profanity, is there much point in having it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well I think it's to maintain the family friendly nature of the site but seeing as it can easily be bypassed and there are some more adult topics on the site trying to make boards family friendly is impossible and cursing is probably the least of our worries in that regards.

The one reason to keep it in place (in my opinion of course) is because if it was removed there would be about 4 billion threads started all with "**** **** bitch **** **** **** **** WOOOOOO WE CAN CURSE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!" as the opening post except without all the stars of course.

The stars do add mystery though.. Keep the filter. :D

Advertisement