Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need your help

Options
  • 06-12-2009 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

As many on here know I'm a regular poster ad D8 bible, but well I need your help very much now.

My younger brother is in hospital at the moment after having brain surgery tonight. He's on life-support after suffering several severe knocks to the head, whether they be caused by an attack or by him falling, that's where I need you. There is several bruises to his head which would be consistent by either falling several times or being hit repeatyly.

Atm the detectives in Donnybrook are investiating but hopefully boardsies can shead some light. What we think happened is, he was at a party, got a taxi BUT the road we live on is also the name of a road in Donnybrook, so we think he got dropped off there. After that we can't picture what happened, all we know is he was found unconscious on Pembroke Road today at about 1.30pm. We're trying to found out what happened in between the 12 hours previous. It seems he had been there all night as his body tempature was extremely low.

I'd prefer any info by pm, just as it's a very dodgy matter atm and the guards are investigating it aswell.

Get well soon bro, and don't give up the fight man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

:mad:

That's aweful news. I wish i could help. I hope everything works out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sorry to hear that Gavin .... GWS your brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jaffa20 wrote: »
    :mad:

That's aweful news. I wish i could help. I hope everything works out well.

Cheers man.

Everyon is helping out so much as it is, the vice-principal and principal of his secondary school came up to the hospital. And they're opening th school tomorrow to get details from studenst who were at the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jesus Christ, that's dreadful Gavin.

I'd give anything to be able to help you, mate. I'll text everyone I know just to check that they weren't in the area.

I'm not a praying man, but I'll pray hard for your bro tonight.

Stay strong, big lad.

Cheers to the mod who stickied this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Terribly sorry to hear about this Gavin. Chin up mate. I really hope yourself and your family are ok.

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's dreadful news Gavin. I hope he recovers soon and you find out what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Jesus thats awful, best wishes to you, your brother and family hope he makes a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sorry to hear that news Gavin. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope the Gardai can establish what happened. Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm rarely out that part of town.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Just like to echo what others have said and hope your brother makes a full recovery.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

God help ye, I hope it works out ok for your brother, you and your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

That is awful Gavin. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

That's terrible news Gavin. I really hope you're brother will make a full recovery.

Good luck with the investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I'm so sorry to hear that Gav and I hope you find out what happened to your brother. More importantly I hope he comes through his op well and makes a full recovery. I'll be thinking of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Gavin with the kind permission of The Zohan (AH Mod) this thread is also copied over to After Hours.

Kind regards to you, your family and esp. your brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Hope he fully recovers Gav, horrible thing to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Just like to echo what everyone has said, thats terrible news, and I will be sure to light a candle and say a prayer for your brother, you and your family.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Gavin, sorry to hear that, hope he makes a full recovery.

Had my message typed out but fecking deleted it.

Thanks for all the well wishes people. On the what happened, the last sighting of him seems to be on a CCTV camera for Tescos on Baggot St at 1.59am and then the next sighting after that was at 1.30pm in a doorway/laneway of a house at the junction between Raglan Road and Pembroke Road. It seems he fell down or off stairs, how or why is what's baffling us.

Just an update on my Bro, he had a successful operation last night to remove the hemorrhages, and he had a good night. But with all good news comes bad news. He had scans this morning and they found bruising which is causing pressure. So far today they've been putting plasma into his blood is order to help it clot so they can insert a camera to assess the bruising. And at the moment they're saying they'll have him knocked out for up to a week. The camera was suppose to be inserted this evening but got delayed, so we've came home for a couple of hours and well we'll be heading back up if we get the call saying they're going with the camera, this being a risky op.

Get well soon Bro, and hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Hope your bro gets better soon Gav and ya know if ya need anything just to text me man, like you've been doing. And don't forget your welcome to stay in me house at any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Gavin - On behalf of the DCN community & especially your "sparring partners" in the Sporting Fingal thread we wish your brother a speedy recovery. Our thoughts are with him, you & your family.

Take care,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Sorry to hear about this Gav, Hope your brother makes a recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

As many on here know I'm a regular poster ad D8 bible, but well I need your help very much now.

My younger brother is in hospital at the moment after having brain surgery tonight. He's on life-support after suffering several severe knocks to the head, whether they be caused by an attack or by him falling, that's where I need you. There is several bruises to his head which would be consistent by either falling several times or being hit repeatyly.

Atm the detectives in Donnybrook are investiating but hopefully boardsies can shead some light. What we think happened is, he was at a party, got a taxi BUT the road we live on is also the name of a road in Donnybrook, so we think he got dropped off there. After that we can't picture what happened, all we know is he was found unconscious on Pembroke Road today at about 1.30pm. We're trying to found out what happened in between the 12 hours previous. It seems he had been there all night as his body tempature was extremely low.

I'd prefer any info by pm, just as it's a very dodgy matter atm and the guards are investigating it aswell.

Get well soon bro, and don't give up the fight man.

i live round the corner so will ask everyone i know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Really sorry to hear this Gav. Hope you, your family and expecially your brother can come through this alright.

Just back from seeing him (the night time no visiting is between 8pm and 11pm) still doesn't get any easier going into that unit I tell you. He hasn't changed, although the pressure on his brain has lowered a very very tiny amount which means there's not that much of a rush to get the shunt in afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I hope that you get some sleep tonight Gavin and that the news is better tomorrow, take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'm so so sorry to hear about this Gavin. My heart goes out to you and your family. You and your brother are in my thoughts. I hope things improve and he keeps on fighting away. Take care.

Ps, I live near D8, if I can help you out in any way PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad hope your bro gets well soon

Looks a bit better today actually, have raised the bed a bit aswell up near is head as there doesn't seem to be any spine damage.

His blood has enough plasma atm now, but they've decided not to put the shunt into his brain as the pressure and bruising seems to be looking after itself. But the option is now available incase there's happens to be an emergency.

Plan atm is to start waking my bro up over the weekend and see if they can then take him off the life support, taking him off the life support will all depend on how strong his own breathing is. The whole process of waking him up could take up to 5 days, gonna be a long weekend and week if this plan goes ahead.

Still critical, but the main thing is he's stable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Best of luck mate

Advertisement