Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need your help

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Delighted to read that your brother has improved. I hope the recovery continues.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭DublinRunnerJoe

As many on here know I'm a regular poster ad D8 bible, but well I need your help very much now.

My younger brother is in hospital at the moment after having brain surgery tonight. He's on life-support after suffering several severe knocks to the head, whether they be caused by an attack or by him falling, that's where I need you. There is several bruises to his head which would be consistent by either falling several times or being hit repeatyly.

Atm the detectives in Donnybrook are investiating but hopefully boardsies can shead some light. What we think happened is, he was at a party, got a taxi BUT the road we live on is also the name of a road in Donnybrook, so we think he got dropped off there. After that we can't picture what happened, all we know is he was found unconscious on Pembroke Road today at about 1.30pm. We're trying to found out what happened in between the 12 hours previous. It seems he had been there all night as his body tempature was extremely low.

I'd prefer any info by pm, just as it's a very dodgy matter atm and the guards are investigating it aswell.

Get well soon bro, and don't give up the fight man.

Really sorry to hear about your brother Gavin, I pray to god he makes a full recovery, I know your father well, I work with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

At Gavin's request the thread is closed.

Gavin, I know I don't have to say it. But you know each and every one of us here is behind you and your family at this very difficult time.

Take care, and anytime you want this opened again drop me a PM.

God bless.

• Advertisement

Opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Asked Makikomi to open the thread up so I can post a message.

Bro was released from hospital yesterday for good (apart from his 10 million appointments in the next couple of months). He's doing good, aside from his left eye which he'l never see out of properly again, atm he can only see blurs through it and will be like that unless the optical nerve which is damaged repais itself.

From the nurses in the ICU in Beaumount, to the nurses in the High Depency Unit in Beaumount to the nurses in the ward in Vincents, and to all the surgeons, doctors, etc... you's do truly do one of the hardest jobs and by God do the majority of yous do it brilliantly, thank you.

Still hoping someone can shead sum light on the accident, went to where he was found, etc... and it just doesn't make sense at all.

Thanks all for the support and the private messages over the last while, much appricated.

Well Gavin, someone's looking over you all!.

Two weeks ago would you have dared to think he'd be home for Christmas eh!, what a Christmas blessing for all the family.

Best of luck to you all, esp your brother who I'm sure we all wish a very speedy recovery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Good to hear, best of luck to you & yours this Christmas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Really glad to hear it Gavin. Enjoy the holidays :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Excellent news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Happy Christmas Gavin :)

Cheers, hope yous all have a Happy Christmas too.

Twee. wrote: »
    Enjoy the holidays :)

Surprised I didn't see you in Andys Lane on Tuesday.:eek: See you in Antics this Wednesday no doubt.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Surprised I didn't see you in Andys Lane on Tuesday.:eek: See you in Antics this Wednesday no doubt.;)

Stalker? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Good to hear Gavin lad. Hope your bro makes the best recovery possible and your family can have a nice xmas.

Now get back to posting in the soccer threads!

p_larkin99 wrote: »

Now get back to posting in the soccer threads!

:D That's be a combination of my new job and my bro, but I'll be back in full swing soon.:D

Happy Christmas to you too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

hunter164 wrote: »
    Stalker? :p

More like pals :pac:

Twee. wrote: »
    More like pals :pac:
    Not what he was telling me about ya last night ;)

Not what he was telling me about ya last night ;)

Stalker comment and now this, can someone ban this sh*t-stirrer.:D

Stalker comment and now this, can someone ban this sh*t-stirrer.:D
    Getting defensive now are we? :pac: Don't worry Twee he doesn't know where you live or anything ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Getting defensive now are we? :pac: Don't worry Twee he doesn't know where you live or anything ;).

Pfft, everyone knows where Twee. lives! Sure I've seen her on the bus. Someday I may even say hello :pac:

Awh ya really are fucked now :L They're going to start a Twee Appreciation Club.

Advertisement