Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NY- B&H; Las Vegas - ??

• 06-12-2009 5:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Have some travelling lined up soon. Spain, Vegas & St. Lucia.....
    I want to pick up some gear - but wheres the best place to do so - price wise!
    In order of visiting....

Spain - Malaga area - probably cheaper than here - but should I wait?

St. Lucia is duty free - but I doubt there'll be any electronic shops there - or has anyone been there to confirm?

Are there any proper camera stores in Las Vegas, something along the lines of B&H Photo? Or anywhere that will do Lens and Flashes -Ive googled - no joy - except a place called Casey's Cameras, but their website doesnt have much on it - good reviews on google though!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I've always thought B&H Miami was far better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭WedPhoto

You'll get the best prices in the states...i would wait...

I don't know much about equipment prices in Spain.

I've been to St. Lucia a few years ago, there are some small camera shops but nothing decent. The prices may be attractive but you may have an issue with the warranty - as you may not be covered when you buy from there (a lot of the vendors in the carribbean sell gray market products - not black market but not white market either - it's a risk)

There's a few B&H shops in Las Vegas and their prices are very very good!!! Also the range of products they carry is quite impresive. If you buy from B&H make sure you buy a product with international waranty. They sell products with US ONLY warranty (meaning that warranty is caried out in US - if anything goes wrong you'll have to send goods to US, you'll have to pay all shipping costs and may be charged import duty when goods will be returned to you) and others with international waranty (you're covered everywhere in the world). The international warranty goods a slightly more expensive but it's worth it (for example a 2000usd camera might cost 50usd more for the international warranty version)

cheers,
    Gabriel

P.S.St. Lucia is very very HOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

B&H in Las Vegas? Nope. I my two years there, I never saw one. Casey's is down by Trop/Eastern, near the airport. They have an amazing range of kit and accessories, but their prices can be occasionally steep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Thanks for the replies and the heads up on international warranties!
    Thought that America would be the best place! Anyone else know of good camera stores in Vegas??
    Anyone bought gear in Spain? Prices competitive?? Would like to have the gear for the rest of my travelling and wouldn't mind paying a lil extra in Spain if there want going to a massive saving by holding off until Vegas!

Advertisement