Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My training goals....????

• 06-12-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

My goals seem to be mediocre at best by comparison...

For 2010, I intend to find more time (wife, kids and work permitting) to do more sportives i.e ROK ( I say I'll do it every year, but now it's in writing), maybe the WC 200 again and possibly the WW200 too. You'll recognise me, I'll be the fella at the back.

I really want to improve my climbing skills and would love to attempt the Priests Leap, but on my own when no-ones looking! I also want to hit that illusive 50mph, so will work on my 'tuck' (any advice gratefully received).

but most of all I just want to keep up and have fun!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Joff

Advice to improve your tuck - have to lose the beer gut first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Do you know how long it took me to get it that big!!!

I maybe wrong but did you not hit 50mph on the goats path (before you met the cows??)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Joff

Signal Rabbit always gets good speeds going DOWN hills ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I maybe wrong but did you not hit 50mph on the goats path (before you met the cows??)

Unfortunately not, I maxed out at 49mph.
    Just one more bleedin' mile.........!

Perhaps you need a steeper/longer decent:D

Dont worry about the leap, just do it!I ascended from the cork side and down the Kerry side. The road is a bit pock marked on the cork side so not the best for descending.
    A good training climb for this is the Mount Gabriel road, great surface and no traffic and THE best views in West Cork. If your feeling more adventurous try Barley lake too. These are shorter in distance but just as (if not more) challenging re gradient... amazing sense of achievement at the top, trust me, when you do these climbs the leap will be just another hill (I wish):D

Advertisement