Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Bird of Prey!

• 06-12-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

I posted this in animals and pets, totally forgot about this forum and yes im a idiot! I think this is a Kesterl someone else says peregrine falcon, can you guys tell me! Found in Tallaght, it has a bell and a mchip and are trying to find its owner atm. We are feeding it day old chicks and it seems to be in fine form.

sq5953.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That's a beauty. Looks to be a very healthy Peregrine.

You may want to post in the hunting forum.

There was a guy there who lost a bird in Kilkenny about a month or two ago.

From what I remember the bird was chipped and had a bell.

Just cannot remember if it was a goshawk or Peregrine that he posted about.

Another place that might be useful for you to post on is here.

http://forum.woodlandsfalconry.com/

The hunting forum here was a guy looking for a goshawk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

Kess73 wrote: »
    Another place that might be useful for you to post on is here.

http://forum.woodlandsfalconry.com/

Contact Tommy and he will be able to find the owner, looks like a lanner falcon to me. It's not a native Irish bird and it belongs to a falconer.

Superdaddy wrote: »
    Contact Tommy and he will be able to find the owner, looks like a lanner falcon to me. It's not a native Irish bird and it belongs to a falconer.

I think you are right, I was thinking a peregrine or a peregrine hybrid, but after your post I think you have it spot on that it is a lanneret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 tomahawk101

It is a female lanner and I know the chap that lost it, please contact me asap info@woodlandsfalconry.com or my phone number is on my website homepage woodlandsfalconry.com
    Thanks,
    Tom

she is back with her owner, thanks lads. I heard a tree fell on her mews (where a hawk is kept) and she escaped. She is not a hunting bird so her chances in the wild were not so good, so well done to all concerned.
    Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Just repeating what i siad over there /point to pets and animals forum!

Sean was delighted to get her back and we were delighted to have her. Will keep your details on file just in case we ever have anymore in! But her poor seagull buddy is missing her! He was in a cage below her!

A seagull eh!
    Good hawk food, but they are known to carry botulism.
    So, just like us falconers, always wash your hands after handling one!!!!
    Tom

Advertisement