Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Grisham Books

Options
  • 06-12-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

One of my favourite authors, anyone else enjoy his books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Liked them when I was 16, find them stale and predictable these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

Ive been readin them since that age, have read themall bar one or 2. Still like them anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

Have read quite a few too and in general I really like his stuff. I remember there were two books of his that I read several years ago, one was a follow on from the other, (The Innocent Man was one maybe :confused:) and they were excellent. Couldn't put them down. Recently read The Associate and found it decent but nothing fantastic. A real let-down was Playing for Pizza though.
    I've ordered 2 more online to read over xmas so we'll see how they go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

which two did you order, i liked the rainmaker and king of torts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've read them all

The Brethren was my favorite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Liked them when I was 16, find them stale and predictable these days

Have to agree with this... they are all kind of the same. The first few you read are good. After that I would feel indifferent to them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I bought The Broker and thought it was a great read... but as others have said, the more of his books you read, the more predictable and tedious they get. I haven't read anything recent of his. But he is not the worst author out there by any stretch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NiamhDunk

i just finished reading my first and last ever grisham book, the associate. i can honestly say the worst ending to a book i have ever read in my life. i will never again buy a grisham book and line his pockets, he's an absolute scumbag, how in gods name he was allowed release that book i will never know. all was good until i reached the ending. i honestly felt like throwing it into the fire. dirt is all it is.

Advertisement