Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eye lash perm curl

• 06-12-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

hey,
    i got my eye lashes permed yesterday and thought id tell you about my experience.
    i went to the peacock salon in crunch gym dun laoirghaire.

it cost 40 euro
    took 1 hour
    and while she permed my eyelashes i got a hand massage which was nice!
    she also tinted my eyelashes

my camera is crap but im going to try and post some pics now to show you.
    k4eef8.jpg this is the before

awsvfq.jpg
    ve9n9k.jpg these are the afters

its subtle it basically has the effect of really good mascara and it last for a month.
    so far its great for me as my eyelashes are quite straight and the ends are light coloured.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Seems like a gimick to me. You could just tint your lashes and use a curler every day for the same effect, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

i dont have time to curl my eyelashes every day

I'm not saying your eyelashes look bad, they look great. But personally it takes me 15 seconds per eye to curl mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i did beauty last year and it was a really old fashioned treatment not many salons offer it!its a very fiddly job and can be scary for the customer!!i would reccommend just curling them or throwing on a pair of lashes!!!i actually think your lashes look more curled before????

for the amount of money you pay its not worth it really!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The first pic is of her lashes before. The second and third pic are the results of the treatment. There's a definite difference! Looks well!

My eyelashes are kinda curly naturally and if not then mascara generally helps out but if they weren't and I had the moolah I'd get it done judging from your results.

The tinting looks really good too! I had that done once and if I had the money to do it again I would!

As a matter of interest what was the procedure like? Is it a chemical treatment of a heat one? Or a combination?

• Advertisement

The first pic is of her lashes before. The second and third pic are the results of the treatment. There's a definite difference! Looks well!

My eyelashes are kinda curly naturally and if not then mascara generally helps out but if they weren't and I had the moolah I'd get it done judging from your results.

The tinting looks really good too! I had that done once and if I had the money to do it again I would!

As a matter of interest what was the procedure like? Is it a chemical treatment of a heat one? Or a combination?
    its a chemical treatment. you lie down and close your eyes and she removes your makeup and here is a video i found it shows you more info you can skip ahead to when they start.
    thanks for your comments, its not great when someone tells you you wasted your money!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lG9bOHYDE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

My mam had this done and she was delighted with it. Her lashes are naturally pretty much straight and wouldn't curl no matter how much she tried with heated curlers or anything.

Have to say, I don't see that much of a difference.
    Do you percieve a difference from when you just get a tint?

I tint myself, it is easy. I just do one eye at a time.
    40 euro would keep you in tint for at least a year.

serenacat wrote: »
    its not great when someone tells you you wasted your money!!

Where did I say you 'wasted your money'? :confused::confused:

I said they looked good but it's gimmicky as you can achieve the same effect with curlers, to which you replied saying you didn't have the time to curl your lashes every day - presume your lashes don't curl easily. Why would you be so sensitive over an eyelash treatment? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

40 euro is actually very decent for a lash perm..ive worked in salons where its costed as much as 65!!

They look lovely, just don't get tehm done more than 3 times in a year..it really weakens ur lashes

• Advertisement

beauty101 wrote: »
    40 euro is actually very decent for a lash perm..ive worked in salons where its costed as much as 65!!

They look lovely, just don't get tehm done more than 3 times in a year..it really weakens ur lashes

thank you! i won't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

I had this done once - best treatment ever, altho not the most pleasant.
    I have poker straight lashes but they are very long and curlers and mascara never really make much of a difference to the look of my eyes.
    When I got this done it looked like I had eyelash extensions - was lovely.
    Lasted about a month and a half.

I don't know why nowhere really does it anymore I find it great.

Advertisement