Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teacher training application form - question

• 06-12-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

My daugther is in the process of applying for teacher training - there is 1 question "any other information that is deemed relevant to this application?". Just wondering from anybody who has gone through this process - what typically would be looked for here? She has lots of work experience particularly with special needs kids but she has already elaborated on this in earlier questions.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Roy

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does she play any instruments?
    Has she travelled?
    Can she speak other languages?
    Can she sign?
    Has she First Aid experience?
    Can she drive a school bus?
    There's very little isn't relevant for teaching, particularly primary teaching. Any of the above would be useful in a trainee (or trained) teacher.

Put everything down. Let them decide whether it is or isn't relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Thanks Spurious - that's very helpful and much appreciated...

Roy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

What is looked for here, as spurious has more or less pointed out - is what can she do in terms of extra curricular things - in what ways is she a sociable kind of person who can get involved with the social aspect of achool.

Playing an instrument, being able to swim, coaching teams etc..

One thing I put down here was that I was involved in voluntary work. Which was true obviously.

This is a good place for her to put any information on courses she is currently applying for, for example when I applied I was in the process of applying for a Child Psychology FETAC course - just for the basics. I put that in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

peanuthead wrote: »
    What is looked for here, as spurious has more or less pointed out - is what can she do in terms of extra curricular things - in what ways is she a sociable kind of person who can get involved with the social aspect of achool.

Playing an instrument, being able to swim, coaching teams etc..

One thing I put down here was that I was involved in voluntary work. Which was true obviously.

This is a good place for her to put any information on courses she is currently applying for, for example when I applied I was in the process of applying for a Child Psychology FETAC course - just for the basics. I put that in there too.

Great stuff PN - thank you for that.....

Roy

Advertisement