Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geniunely Disgusted at Mazzagatti

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

Ok, watched it again. Hamil was 'bleeding badly' according to joe Rogan's commentary before the illegal blows were landed.
    Jones started the gnp at 2.15 of the round and for the 1st 15secs landed several heavy blows and plenty of lighter shots(some getting thru, some being blocked and some not that powerful).
    The gnp lasted about 30 secs and in my opinion there was no way back after the initial onslaught.It is supposed to be a sport after all.

Anyway not worth getting worked up over, I wont be shoving FACTS!!??! down anyones throats (just giving an opinion). So for that reason, as the dragons would say "I'm out"

I watched it again myself. We didn't know about the shoulder but Matt was hurt before being taken down. He was moving around a lot & blocked the majority of elbows. He was doing well considering the shoulder injury.

When they were stud up it was clear when the doctor said he couldn't continue that Matt had busted his shoulder. This was the main reason for the stoppage. The replay showed another side & my opinion is that it should have been a no contest & not a disqualification.

Matt walked away with a win & Jones walked away with a loss. I think that was a terrible decision. Jones should have been given the benefit of the doubt as in "he didn't realise it was an illegal strike". He was warned which was fair but he shouldn't have been disqualified after one warning.

Hamill could have continued if it wasn't for his shoulder once they cleaned his face up.

Advertisement