Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempted by a Corsair H50. Am I a "bad man"?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

So yeah, I am really, really tempted to get me one of these babies. I mean, I have been reading silly things like 40*C LINX stressed i7 920s at 4.5GHz and stuff like that, so I can only imagine how a 4GHz i5 would look.

Should I give into the temptation (and get me a 800D while I am at it :P) or stick to my Air Cooling (which isn't Shabby, Thor's Hammer with 2x 110 CFM fans, keeps 100% load temps to 62*C)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

first, to get the best performance you have to reverse the exhaust on your case. this can cause havok with the airflow, chipset temps and in the worst case scenario will result in hot pockets that could potentially shorten the life of your components.

secondly, it doesn't come close to the megahalem/ifx14/noctua d14 from what I've been reading. the only thing it seems good for is keeping the noise low really without compromising too much on performance, but then the Noctua products are good enough at that too without f*cking up air flow.

Also an h50 + 800D doesn't perform as well as a HAF922 with an average enough air cooler. So if you're serious about getting an H50 I'd called you a 'mad man'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    So yeah, I am really, really tempted to get me one of these babies. I mean, I have been reading silly things like 40*C LINX stressed i7 920s at 4.5GHz and stuff like that, so I can only imagine how a 4GHz i5 would look.

Should I give into the temptation (and get me a 800D while I am at it :P) or stick to my Air Cooling (which isn't Shabby, Thor's Hammer with 2x 110 CFM fans, keeps 100% load temps to 62*C)

GTFO and stop copying my build :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Anti wrote: »
    GTFO and stop copying my build :P

But your build is so smexy and I wants it! :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement