Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost car keys

Options
  • 06-12-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Lost one key from a Toyota car yesterday in Limeirck City.

Have tried Henry st. Garda station in case someone handed it in but no luck.

Hoping someone here might be of assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I know that pain, luckily I had a spare. Have you tried all the shops you were in too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Have been to most places I was in yesterday to no avail.

I'm told that if I give the Chassis and/or VIN number to a local locksmith they'll cut a key for about €20. Hope that's true. Otherwise i'm off to the Toyota dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What year is your car? What kind of Key is it?

Otherwise you can go to a Garage and get a dummy key which will open the door(manually) and start the engine but will not unlock doors/boot etc.

This key will have to be coded to the car. Its not a big job but the Garage will fleece you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ninty9er wrote: »
    I know that pain, luckily I had a spare. Have you tried all the shops you were in too?

The pain of having a spare key to reach for?

- Love the way FF can still empathise and feel the common Mans pain - See you on December 9th for Budget day.....

OP Thats a real pain - yellow pages and be thorough - Def avoid O'Mearas - Any Dealer will try and pay Decembers wages from your wallet on this one......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Raiser wrote: »
    The pain of having a spare key to reach for?

- Love the way FF can still empathise and feel the common Mans pain - See you on December 9th for Budget day......

Eh?????????:confused:

WTF???:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Eh?????????:confused:

WTF???:eek:

I think it was an attack on ninety9er because of his affiliation to Fianna Fail. Not the popularist choice around right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Have a look at this, I was able to reprogram a BMWs keys using it

Advertisement