Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW/NEF file viewer,

• 06-12-2009 3:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone know if such a thing exists? like windows picture/photo viewer etc for jpegs. I'd like to be able to view them without having to open them in Lightroom every time.,
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hummm i can anyway in win 7

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

I think Picasa can view RAW files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

johnc24 wrote: »
    I think Picasa can view RAW files.

Yep, install picasa and enable the Picasa Photo viewer and they will open like jpegs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

hummm i can anyway in win 7

really? Is it opening in windows Photo Viewer? Im running Windows 7 Ultimate and cant open them in anything other than CS4 and Lightroom.

Will give Picasa a bash and see if thats any good. thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

• Advertisement

That looks like just the thing., except im on a 64bit OS so it looks like it mightn't work.,:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

IrfanView has plugins for all the common RAW formats, NEF among them. Alternatively why not use Nikon View NX? It's free and loads pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭WedPhoto

I use Adobe Bridge, but IrfanView is also nice(and free).I think that the latest ACD See can handle raw files...Nikon have ViewNX but i'm not sure if it opens RAW files produced by other camera other than their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

The reason why I listed Nikon View is because the OP asked for RAW/NEF. A non-Nikon user (hopefully) wouldn't list the NEF :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Masada wrote: »
    That looks like just the thing., except im on a 64bit OS so it looks like it mightn't work.,:(

Picasa works on 64bit OS :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated. :)

I'll give Picasa and the nikon one a bash now and see how i get along. ps, Yup, I use a Nikon so hopefully it'll be cool. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭WedPhoto

qwertz wrote: »
    The reason why I listed Nikon View is because the OP asked for RAW/NEF. A non-Nikon user (hopefully) wouldn't list the NEF :)

qwerty man, what i said wasn't directed at your comment. i know it might read that way but it was not. i recomended ViewNX because i used it (being a nikon user myself) but wasn't sure if it will open anything else.(also, i didn't read the original post properly, as only now i noticed the RAW/NEF thing...)
    cheers

Advertisement