Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

2 back 2 back bogies. Right on the cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

8 off the lead now just hasn't been able to get anything going today.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    2 back 2 back bogies. Right on the cut

Eh? On the cut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

fullstop wrote: »
    Eh? On the cut?

I presume he means on fedex playoff. He’s 126 now

Trampas wrote: »
    I presume he means on fedex playoff. He’s 126 now

Never thought of that :o

You’d presume he needs 2 or 3 under tomorrow at a minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sailing

Shane has been a consistently poor weekend player for a long time. He’s been around long enough on tour for that inconsistency to be addressed but he’s not going to excel much more than he is now.

He’s a consistent top 30 player in the world rankings for now, occasionally dropping up and down every so often. He’ll make a good and comfortable living out of it on the American tour but he’ll never be a consistent top 10 or 15 world ranking or tour player at this stage.

Not a criticism. He doesn’t have to be the best to continue maintaining a very lucrative career out of it. He’ll probably even have an odd win along the way.

sailing wrote: »
    Shane has been a consistently poor weekend player for a long time. He’s been around long enough on tour for that inconsistency to be addressed but he’s not going to excel much more than he is now.

He’s a consistent top 30 player in the world rankings for now, occasionally dropping up and down every so often. He’ll make a good and comfortable living out of it on the American tour but he’ll never be a consistent top 10 or 15 world ranking or tour player at this stage.

Not a criticism. He doesn’t have to be the best to continue maintaining a very lucrative career out of it. He’ll probably even have an odd win along the way.

He’s only in the top 30 because of The Open win, for which he got massive ranking points. He was in and out of top 50 before that, and has barely been in the top 30 of a tournament since, so it won’t be long before he starts falling unless he sorts his form out.

Needs a par on last to have a chance. Bogey and he can go on holidays

Projected 124 at the min.

Per shot tracker ‘shot 2 from other’ and had to hack out.

5 footer one last required

• Advertisement

Wait now

Made it. Fair play. Had to know he was on the bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Par made. Sit and wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Jim Herman is the danger man, Lowry needs Jim to be T-3 or worse.

C'mon Billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Jim Herman is the danger man, Lowry needs Jim to be T-3 or worse.

C'mon Billy.

Does a win even move Herman inside? When he was tied for the lead he was projected 131 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Remind me wrote: »
    Does a win even move Herman inside? When he was tied for the lead he was projected 131 or something like that.

Herman is well in. He’s projected 85 according to the PGA app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

Looking good at the moment. 122 projected currently.

h2005 wrote: »
    Herman is well in. He’s projected 85 according to the PGA app.

Sorry you're right, don't know what I was seeing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

techdiver wrote: »
    Looking good at the moment. 122 projected currently.

+1 confirmed. He is one of three (Jim Herman, Zach Johnson and Shane) who jumped the fence and made it into the playoffs.

Shane not down to be on the timesheet this week. What’s the point in that grind last week if not going to turn up this week.

Strange one

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-northern-trust/field.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Trampas wrote: »
    Shane not down to be on the timesheet this week. What’s the point in that grind last week if not going to turn up this week.

Strange one

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-northern-trust/field.html

Looks like that page just isnt updated for the players that scraped into the top 125 last week. He will be playing alright.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Looks like that page just isnt updated for the players that scraped into the top 125 last week. He will be playing alright.

Yeap the 3 players that jumped in aren't listed and the 3 players that fell out are in.

Lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Shane is in the last pairing (with Tom Lewis) off the 1st tee at 18:50 Irish time on Thu.

Given that he's currently ranked 122 and only 70 go through (the play-offs have been compressed to three events because of the shortened season), he will need a very good finish to make the BMW next week. Depends on how others do but I'd say minimum top 20 required.

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2020/the-northern-trust/leaderboard.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

With 124 entries, they have 40 three balls and 2 two balls. I can’t see the logic of putting the two balls out last. It means they are going to be held up at every hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

abff wrote: »
    With 124 entries, they have 40 three balls and 2 two balls. I can’t see the logic of putting the two balls out last. It means they are going to be held up at every hole.

Depends who the 2 ball was, like if it was Deshambeau and JB Holmes they might finish a few holes behind.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Good point! But it’s Tom Lewis and Shane in one of the two balls and I don’t think either of them is particularly slow. Makes for a very frustrating day for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Depends who the 2 ball was, like if it was Deshambeau and JB Holmes they might finish a few holes behind.

Imagine been in a 2 ball and playing behind a 3 ball that consists of JB and Bryson :eek::eek::eek:

Imagine been in a 2 ball and playing behind a 3 ball that consists of JB and Bryson :eek::eek::eek:

With Kevin Na

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Or Jason "All" Day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

He'll only be a few groups behind BdeC as it happens..!

If it's a 2 tee start they would be too quick going out first and would be waiting after 9

He's in 2 ball for first 2 days. Brooks out so another 2 ball.

You'd think they would split the 3 2balls and into 2 3balls but no as tee times set

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twounderpar

Interesting front 9 by Shane tonight. 3 birdies 3 bogeys 3 pars!!

Interesting front 9 by Shane tonight. 3 birdies 3 bogeys 3 pars!!

His bounce back stats are up 3/3

Good back nine for Shane to give him a chance of making the cut. Unfortunately, he failed to birdie the par 5 7th, which leaves him needing a birdie in the last two holes to have a chance of making it to the weekend.

• Advertisement

Just bogeyed the 8th, so that's that. Pity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Our players are really struggling at present.I cannot see any of them winning or even challenging for the remainder of this season.
    Dustin Johnson on fire,if only we could say that about Shane Lowry and Rory McIlroy

Playing the Irish Open.

Didn't think he would. I wonder will he play a few more events on UK swing

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Playing the Irish Open.

Didn't think he would. I wonder will he play a few more events on UK swing

He'll be in the US till after the US Open and then flying direct to Northern Ireland for week of Irish Open.

After that who knows but he will have to get back to US at least a couple of weeks before Augusta.

Lowry explained: "Srixon came out with a new set of irons. They look a little bit different to what I’ve been using, but they perform pretty much the same and I find the irons easy to change.

"And my driver, to be honest, I drove the ball pretty poorly over the last while and I do feel like there might be something wrong with the old driver. I used it for a couple of years, maybe it’s gone a little bit.

"I was getting some weird numbers on TrackMan and stuff, so decided to put a new driver in the bag. I used it the last couple of days and I’ve hit it pretty well, so I’m excited to see what they’re like."

• Advertisement

I thought the UK (including NI) is applying a 14 day quarantine requirement for anyone arriving from countries that are not on their green list. As far as I know, the US is not on the green list.

That being the case, how can Shane play in the Irish Open if he is playing in the US Open the previous weekend?

abff wrote: »
    I thought the UK (including NI) is applying a 14 day quarantine requirement for anyone arriving from countries that are not on their green list. As far as I know, the US is not on the green list.

That being the case, how can Shane play in the Irish Open if he is playing in the US Open the previous weekend?

I believe UK have an exemption for athletes, it's apparently one of the reasons why NI course was picked. Gives the likes of Lowry a chance to come back for it

The new clubs not working so well today,tied for 77th place at present.

Missing cut after a good first round won’t do his confidence any good but who knows we’ve seen golfers go from bad to go and maybe Shane might do the same.

Six over today, another missed cut coming up tomorrow.

Had a good start and all.

Not in the groove much since coming back apart from 1 week.

Return back to these shores might help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

Birdied 2 of his last 3 holes to finish level par for the day and +6 for the tournament. Might just be enough to make the cut

paulos53 wrote: »
    Birdied 2 of his last 3 holes to finish level par for the day and +6 for the tournament. Might just be enough to make the cut

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

His level par is the 3rd best round of the morning half of the draw. If the scoring stays like that in the afternoon he should make it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Projected cut is +7, theres no worry about the cut line for Shane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement