Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ballingarry

31st is probably the worst position to finish in. on the upside Shane played great for the last 27 holes. The 3 putt on 17 was very costly in the end but some up and down from Scott at the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭letsbefair

He may get in if Cam smith still injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Mcilroys back door top 10 did Shane as well, he'd probably have hung on to 30th only for being leap frogged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭dublin49

I wonder if Zalatoris or any other player pulls out will he be added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭daithi7

Aww that's a shame if it holds for the last tournament as well, seems a pity & a bit off tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Making no move up the leaderboard in rounds two and three was also very costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭cosatron

Mcilroy moved from 9 to 8 so how did this effect Shane? Adam Scott and Scott Stalling moved up 16 and 34 spots respectively, only 4 players moved up to the top 30 from outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I see zalatoris has pulled out. Pity they don’t put in 31 which was Lowry . Also with 29 a player will play on their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Mcilroy overtook Lowry and dropped him from T11 to T12. Lowry would have got a few extra points for the T11. Not sure if it would have been enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

It is crap for Shane and crap that there’s 29 now but you have to earn the right to try win the 15 or 20 million or whatever it is.

Pga announces the Tour's Player Impact Programme list will increase from 10 to 20.Hopefully Shane makes that cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

What does he do to promote the pga tour? Doesn’t do much on Twitter from what I can see. I’m not on Instagram to know if he does more there

You can be sure you could name the first 5/10 on list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

The hits keep coming for Shane, just been announced that the top 30 also qualify for the formerly tournament of champions in Kapalua

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

That's the kind of exclusivity that will send a few more off to LIV.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

It’s probably aimed at encouraging the top 30 not to defect to LIV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tiger won that last year by making one social media post of him taking a swing. It's fair to say the PIP is just another money racket scheme for the big boys

I think Eldrick sent more than one post in a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

It's a pity there was no backfilling for the final FedEx week. But overall Shane has had a really good season and looks a more complete golfer. His putting is still killing him but to be in the position he is without the putter working just shows how good the rest of his game has become. So I expect bigger and better things to come from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Of course, but for those just outside the top 30 it could seem like circling the wagons. Not only do they get the tour championship money but they get a leg up with easy FedEx cup points for next year. Plus, they have doubled the prize money for next year's tournament. It will surely irk a few very good players who are not invited to the party.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Advertisement

lowry with a great chance to win here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

It's his to lose at this stage. Fingers crossed. His play this year deserves a big win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Thought you were a bit premature but great call. Looking good now.

He has a great record around here I think. Anyone have it to hand ? I’d be surprised if he never lifts the trophy at least once

They said earlier he was the most under par of anyone on this course since a certain year...didn't catch the year but he's nearly always top 10 here

He's more than 60 under the last 5 years including this year I think they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Be great to see him win it, then hopefully Harrington tops it off tonight

Shane's momentum has stalled. Needs to birdie 18. Will be a hard play off to win

Great drive on 18

• Advertisement

A birdie at 18 will force Rory to get eagle

God I wish I could hit irons like Shane 😂 Drive and Iron shot on 18 were world class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

When he's good he's just brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Winner winner

chicken dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Rory has an eagle putt! Rory v Shane would be fascinating but happy to see either win it

Will Rory do it to him?? 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fair play to Lowry badly needed a win, he rally is the master around Wentworth.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Delighted for him after lots of near misses all year and FedEx disappointment. Great start to ryder Cup qualification and race to dubai now also

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

WELL DONE SHANE !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Shank Williams

Also we all know he isn't a prolific winner but by God when he does win he wins the big ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭omeara1113

Delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Three brilliant rounds. Well done Shane, great win after those three long years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nice for Shane. Rory was so close to getting a play-off. Unlucky putts on the last 2 holes, particularly the 18th, couldn't have been much closer, bar lipping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭kyleman

Brilliant round by Shane and great intreview afterwards.

Huge respect from Rory. Nice to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Scrabbel

54-hole win when it’s known with 36 holes to go is as good as the full 72. Completely different proposition to a tournament cut short on day 3.

Amazing that Shane didn't have a single bogey all week, what a performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Scrabbel

That’s twice now the commentators have talked over the chat between Shane and Rory when they met up. Completely missed Shane saying “You’ve won enough!” and whatever else as well. Always annoys me in rugby as well when they talk over the referee at important moments,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great stuff from Shane! Will keep the experts at bay for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

Thrilled for Shane . The win would've meant far more to him than to Rory after the opportunities he set up all season.

Plus he'll be so satisfied to have seen off the bloodmoney grabbers.

brilllant win ,thrilled for him,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Sky spoiled the whole thing for me when recording cut out with Lowry finishing the 16th so I missed the final holes. Idiots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement