Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

1193194195196197199»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Has finally ended up partnership with kingspan.

It took him to long to do it. He’s been called out many times and did nothing. Now with the judgement and gone. Nothing to do with judgement and playing in wentworth next week.

Post edited by Trampas on

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Good for him its not as if he needs the cash after last weeks pay day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Fair play to him..hopefully Leona does the same now.

Refusing to talk about it. He’s going to get even more grilled next week. He knows he can’t give them an answer why he hadn’t drop them over the years and why has he done it now

https://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2024/0911/1469524-lowry-my-heart-goes-out-to-grenfell-families/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭GolfPar

Due process. The reality is sportsmen are t qualified to answer questions about things like this.

He wouldn't have split with them if it was 10 years ago .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭coillcam

Sometimes it's also not as simple as pushing the exit button on a contract. Could be strict exit clause implications that had to be played out. Or it could have been a simple € decision to carry on until findings are released. Ultimately you're not going to get your answer. Make what you will of the situation.

Right or wrong, it will be forgotten by the time the next Irish Open comes around.

I’d serious doubt he signed a deal that hasn’t been renewed in the last few years.

It will be forgotten about it in a few weeks but next week might even be harder on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Is it not categorically proven that Kingspan insulation had no impact on the fire in Grenfell. The main reason for the fire spread was the PE ACM cladding, which was not a Kingspan product.

Kingspan have erred however by being a bit sneaky with their compliance paperwork. They knowingly said a product had a certain certification when it didn't. This in itself is a fair reason to several ties - they were dishonest. But is it not a bit unfair to sever ties and linking it to the horrendous events at Grenfell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Hes a sports player and this is a sponsor of one of many of his.. Not his fault or anything to do with him really plus it happened in another country! I bet at the time he didn't even know Kingspan was involved I wouldnt. People just love a good moan and I have even lost a bit of respect on Lowry regards his temper tantrums in The Open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭dublin49

hes hoping Rory breaks course record today and sucks up all the media attention.Probably unlucky hes at home when this became topical again as if it was in the States there would be lot less interest in him.I would imagine his sponsporship manager has taken a kicking over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

There was a report released of the serious incident, his sponsors company's name was mentioned, he decided it best to drop the sponsor & put out a release informing same also announcing he won't be talking further about it. A terrible incident of course, but I don't see the big deal as it relates to Lowry. He did right by it surely, dropped the company as a sponsor as he felt their brand has become tarnished, he did it in a mature way, no? What did Shane do wrong, should he not have signed up to them in the first place, or dropped them as a sponsor before the release of the report?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

People haven't much to do if they are talking about a golfer dropping a sponsor.

I didnt suggest he did anything wrong,I just commented on the fact that it became topical at the time of the Irish Open,when you are a golfer with big sponsors and a sensitive issue like this arises it is crucial to manage the media correctly to minimise any fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Shank Williams

yeah can’t see much wrong- allowed due process to play out and dropped them when report came out

Sports podcasts/radio etc have a lot of dead air to fill so dragging this out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Awful bogey just now...just shy of green on par 4 in 1, rans his eagle putt past the hole down the slope, doesn't get up and down

Playing well now. The back to back 5 seem to have given him a boost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Great start today, but then **** on the eggs.

Wentworth really suits his eye. Pity his bogies from 2 short misses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I like Shane ..big fan..and like that he is who he is .

But the **** and effing out of him today at that location, was a bit face palm

Like if you are at a wedding..you do behave yourself for the first 1/2...

Has he any self control...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Shane has never been less likeable on the course, between his woe is me demeanour and his needlessly harsh interactions with officials and spectators. And yet hes probably had the most consitant year of his career. Maybe unloading often and sincerely is the best thing for him. Jimmy Connors always said he played worse when he tried to hold in frustration, seems like Shane has come to the same conclusion.

And Im not judging him here. Golf is infuriating for the best of us and we're not playing it for a living where you have to deal with stupidly long rounds, rulings, the public and play shots that legitimately have thousands of euro / ryder cup points riding on them 4 days a week. Im surprised the majority arent more like him!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

He's had a strange year, just the two DP events outside the Majors I think so concentrating on the PGA circuit and took in A LOT of cash so fair dues, rinse and repeat for another year or so and (if not already) set up for life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

He’ll soon be well set up to run that pro shop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

He used to serve me in that Pro shop, who knew!

Bad round in Madrid. Fuel the plane I’m on the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

14 pars and 4 bogeys 🥺😡.

• Advertisement

he must be on appearance money to play there, sponsors wont be pleased if he misses cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

They have Rahm, theyre not forking out appearance money for Lowry. Shane is mad to play the Ryder Cup, no other reason for him to be there. And doesnt look like it's going to pay off unfortunately.

Advertisement