Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I thought it was a maximum 2 players from every country for the Olympics men’s golf. It looks like there’s 3 USA players in it? Scheffler Schaufelle and Morikawa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

The qualification rules state that the top 15 players on the OWGR are eligible for the Olympic Games, up to a maximum of four golfers from a single country.

There are actually four players from the USA in the 2024 Olympics - Wyndham Clark is also playing. Without the four player limit, there would be ten golfers in total from the USA as Cantlay, DeChambeau, Theegala, Henley, Hartman and Homa were all in the top 15 at the cut off point

After the top 15, the Olympic Golf Rankings (OGR) consist of up to the top two eligible players per country, as long as that country does not already have at least two players in the top 15.

The overall field is restricted to the top 60 based on the above criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭bren2001

He's represented Ireland in the olympics in 2021 and this year. He is indeed an olympian. It is a fact and isn't subjective in any way.

If I was Shane I'd honestly be embarrassed to meet someone like Adeleke in the Olympic village as if he is some sort of olympic role model.

lol

Seriously. He qualified like everyone else. He's entitled to go. There's no reason to be embarrassed. Like zero reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Not a great day for Shane. 8 off the lead. A real open stance on putting for the little I saw

Advertisement