Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a .IE Domain - Unsure as to what category

Options
  • 06-12-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm unsure as to what category I apply for a .ie domain name. A friend is starting up a new nightclub and wants me to make a site for him complete with their own domain based on the club's name.

I'm told that the nightclub is under him as a sole trader.

He also as a few other companies not related to this venture, so I don't think applying with those company numbers would be the ideal thing.

Any help here would be great, they're looking at getting it online as soon as possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

They'll need to get a "registered business name" from the CRO.

They can apply online, print off the form and send it in with the cheque for €20. Unfortunately CRO don't take payments online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Blacknight wrote: »
    They'll need to get a "registered business name" from the CRO.

They can apply online, print off the form and send it in with the cheque for €20. Unfortunately CRO don't take payments online.

Are you sure I couldn't get it as a discretionary name? Whois'ing GPO.ie (Galway nightclub) gives me this info:
    domain: gpo.ie
    descr: Kevin Healy
    descr: Sole Trader
    descr: Discretionary Name

If I apply under discretionary name have you any advice as to what I would need to lay claim to the domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Are you sure I couldn't get it as a discretionary name?

Sole Trader > Discretionary would have an RBN attached

It just means that the RBN wasn't the same or very close to the domain name

Advertisement